𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Alaskas feet hit the hospital floors fast, so fast she forgot how to breath

Alaskas feet hit the hospital floors fast, so fast she forgot how to breath. She ran into multiple people in the process, shoving past them and yelling an apology over her shoulder. Her hair flew behind her as she sprinted, adrenaline pumping through her veins. A smile was across her face, eyes watery as she pushed her hand on a empty gurney that was in the middle of the hall, flipping over it as nurses began to yell at her.

Alaska hurried around the hospital door, pausing as her face lit up.

Miguel was awake.

"A-" he attempted to say, stopping himself as his eyes shut slightly. He had a brace around his whole body still, looking just as weak as he did when he was in his coma. But he was awake, he was alive, that's all she cared about.

"Hey, superstar." she teased, whipping her face, "I'm only crying because i'm upset you're awake, I was planning on taking your place in the family."

Carmen and Yaya smiled as they held each other. Miguel cracked a grin as Alaska sat next to him, his hand barely moving but enough for her to grab it, "Alaska."

"You look horribly, by the way." Alaska spoke softly with a grin before a single tear left her eye, "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Miguel said back, a pained moan leaving his lips as his hand tightened around her hand, "You can-"

Alaska looked to Carmen who nodded her head, "You can get up there with him, just be easy."

Alaska nodded, slowly standing up and sitting on the bed. Miguel had enough room next to him for her to lay next to him, a gently grin on her lips as she held his hand, "Does it hurt?"

"Only a little." he told her, eyes shutting, "Your ring."

Alaska frowned her eyebrows as she felt the cold hit her hand, he passed her badger ring back into her hand. Alaska put it back in his palm, "You keep it for now."

Miguel cracked a grin as his eyes fluttered open a moment before closing again, "Remember when you threw it at me?"

"On your first day, I remember." Alaska said with a laugh, "Worst day of my life."

"Mine too." Miguel joked back with a grin, "I'm glad you're here."

"I wouldn't leave you here alone, hospitals are haunted." she said back with a knowing look, "How do I know you're not some old man who died from cancer haunting my friends body? You could be a complete pedophile and just trying to convince me you're Miguel."

"Would a random old pedophile know that you only like your wings if they're dipped in guac?" Miguel asked, a soft smile on his lips as he listened to Alaska's laugh, "Thats what I thought."

Alaska wrapped her arm around him and shut her eyes, realizing right now would be the first time in weeks she'd be able to sleep without nightmares or worry that Miguel wasn't going to make it.