Chapter ninety one

"I simply wish to talk: when the transmission suddenly cut off I was concerned, then I heard of the explosion, and, well I had to see for myself that you were alright." Dooku spoke as though him being there was completely reasonable. It wasn't, Obi wan and I both seemed to agree on that and I'm sure had Anakin been there he would've felt the same. So, with Obi wans lightsaber still pointed towards the count I narrowed my eyes and clutched at the sheets in frustration.

"I'm fine." I spoke with as much venom as I could muster glaring directly towards the man. I swear if he so much as dares to lay a finger on my daughter I'll do something drastic and won't forget it. Dooku's eyes lowered and he gave a slow nod.

"I understand your malice towards me my child: it is only fair you should hate me," he began to say in a tone of sorrow as his brown eyes lifted to meet mine once more with a deceivingly realistic look of care. For a moment I was drawn back to that meeting we had a couple of months ago, the one we're he opened up to tell me about my mother. Perhaps things could've been different had they only stayed together. "(Y/n): I know you don't trust me but you must believe me when I say you are in grave danger, Sidious will have you killed the moment opportunity arises and with Skywalker immobilised I fear that time will come soon." He spoke in addition with a look of worry in his eyes as he looked across to me. At my side Obi wan lowered his lightsaber down and listed just as I was, I look of concerned concentration across his features. I frowned actually finding some truth in his words. It was almost sweet that he risked coming here to tell me this. Almost.

"I know that: that's why I'm pretending to have lost my memory, he can't kill me over a secret I don't know." I replied though I didn't have complete faith in my own words. If Palpatine was indeed the Sith Lord then he likely wouldn't take any chances. He killed my mother for knowing to much: and I have no doubt he was behind my second kidnapping either, I recognised his colder presence to be the one that tormented me for the first of those months. He had a devious plan that seemed to centre round Anakin, one he wasn't going to let me interfere with. Dooku seemed to have the same doubt as me since he shook his head.

"A fine plan that would be if my master was up for taking risks: however I happen to know he's waited to long for this opportunity, years of preparation as led up to where we stand to day and even should you pose the tiniest of threats he shall not hesitate to cut you down," My father spoke confirming my fears. I lowered my gaze in a defeated fashion, if this plan wasn't to work then there was no saying what would, I simply wasn't important enough in Palpatines eyes to keep alive. No one would bat an eye at another dead Jedi during this time of war, and I have no doubt my death would make whatever sick twisted plan he had for Anakin easier. Lying there feeling utterly hopeless I listened as Obi wan turned off his lightsaber and stepped over to place a supportive hand on my shoulder. "...there is however another way that may provide you security." Dooku added after a few moments quiet, seeming hesitant to speak up whatever this preposed plan. However my eyes quickly darted to him with hope, eager to hear anything that may allow me to stay at Anakins side.

"And that is..?" I asked sitting up slightly on my elbows with Obi wans help, my eyes never leaving that of my father as I awaited to hear his idea. Even if it was just a slim chance of survival I wanted to know, I wanted to know how I could protect the love of my life from the monster that lived among us. Dooku sighed and offered a small reluctant smile, staying spinet again for quite a few moments as his eyes scanned over my hand. Over my engagement ring to be precise...

"You get married."

Two weeks later

Anakins pov

I groaned in discomfort: shifting the best I could, trying to become aware of my surroundings again, twitching my fingers just to try and feel them again. I had no way of knowing how long I'd been lying here, all I could remember was I'd been trying to save (y/n), after that things went blanked. I guess I must've blacked out, over exerted myself just like Obi wan warned me could happen. Still, if I managed to even ease her pain then I'd be proud of my actions.