Chapter 22 - Expeditious Reconciliation

The moment you step from the living room, pulling Thor behind you, you drop his cape and start heading down the hallway, back towards Anthony's room. There are no baby monitors here, and you're too far away to hear him should he cry.

"Lady Y/n!" calls Thor, rushing after you.

"What?" you answer stiffly. 

You're not exactly angry with Thor. But you're certainly not pleased. There's also lingering frustration with Thor's dog-like obedience to his father. If he had just listened all those years ago, perhaps things could have gone differently. 

Then again, if Odin really had been under some sort of mind control, perhaps his actions truly weren't his own. In which case, you wonder how you, Loki, and Anthony would have really been received by the Allfather. Is there a chance he may have been...supportive?

"Lady Y/n, please wait," says Thor, his hand descending on your shoulder, stopping you from moving forward.

"Get off me," you hiss, shaking off his large paw as you glare at him.

You see shock in Thor's eyes. Even after he had caused Loki to miss the birth of his son, you had never used such a sharp tone with him before. You immediately regret your rash reaction, but you feel like your own mind is under attack with all of the new information and emotions swirling around inside. You need to get away from all of them, just for a few moments. To calm down.

You turn and continue your march down the halls towards Anthony's room, retracing your steps. To your relief, you don't hear Thor following you.

After several long minutes, and a couple wrong turns, you finally make it back to that long hallway with all the doors. Heading straight for the third door on the left, you press your ear to the back of it, listening. 

Nothing.

Cracking the door slowly and quietly, you spy Anthony still out cold in the crib, and let out a sigh of relief as you lean against the doorway to watch.

He really does look like his father with that dark hair and his narrow features. But you love the tiny glimpses of you that you see in him. The fuller lips. The rounder nose. 

You're not sure how much time passes. You're completely absorbed in watching the rise and fall of the tiny boy's chest. 

"Milk, berries and toast with honey."

Thor's voice in your ear makes you jump.

"What?" you ask, turning.

"That is what I fed him for breakfast this morning," says Thor. "He likes the darker berries. And the lighter greens. He prefers fish over other meats, and he never touches the beets our chef routinely prepares."

"Why are you telling me this?" you ask skeptically. But Thor ignores your question, and simply stands behind you, staring in on Anthony over your shoulder.