𝟚𝟟 - ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕜 ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤

*trigger warning - panic attack second half of the chapter.

Snow still laid settled on the ground midday on January 16th. Ophelia was stood waiting by the large entrance doors. Leaning against the frame she watched as a few small snowflakes continued to fall, unaware someone had joined her side.

"Waiting for your insufferable marauder chums?"

"Hello Severus." Ophelia could recognise that waspish voice anywhere.

"McGonagall."

"To answer your question, yes I am. Them and the girls. Why are you here?"

"Just passing." Severus practically groaned the two words out.

"Why are you really here?"

"Be careful around those Marauders, McGonagall." Severus spoke in a whisper that was laced with venom.

"Sorry?" Ophelia decided to turn and face Severus after his sudden statement.

"Are you incapable of hearing?"

"Severus stop with the bitterness for once and tell me what you mean?" It was rare for Ophelia to even raise her voice slightly, but the way Severus liked to speak in riddles was frustrating her more and more.

"Just that they're dangerous, maybe one more than the others."

"FIFI!" A toddler like yell caused Ophelia to abruptly turn away from Severus.

"Oi Snivellus, get your greasy hair away from her." Sirius came into view.

"Sirius! I'm so sorry Sev-" Ophelia turned around to look for Severus, only to see his billowing coat swish out of sight around a corner. "Sirius why would you say that!"

"It's less than what he deserves." Sirius shrugged. "Hi Fi."

"Hello Sirius." Ophelia gave the boy a quick hug before feeling another pair of arms join her.

"You can't hug without me!" James squeezed the pair in his arms, earning a groan from Sirius and a chuckle from Ophelia.

"Hi JamJam." Ophelia breathed out the words with a struggle due to the prolonged hug.

"Let her breathe James." Remus appeared beside them. "Hi Fi." That perfect smile graced his face once he locked eyes with Ophelia's.

"Hiya Rem."

"Fi!" Peter scrambled up the last few steps and engulfed Ophelia into a large hug.

"Hi Pete. Thank you so much for my gift, I've eaten so many already."

"You're welcome." The boy shuffled slightly on his feet, a mix of nervousness and pride.

"Move out the way boys, let us see our bitch!" That familiar raucous voice broke the crowds walking up the stairs apart.

"Marls!" Ophelia moved away from the boys and ran towards Marlene. These girls had her entire heart and they had taught her what a true friendship was.

"Group hug?" Lily spoke from the side of Marlene.

"Please!"