Christmas

The first thing I noticed as soon as I woke up was the weight on my chest. I was lying down while Kaycee held her head and half her body on me.

I had slept well, I felt objectively relaxed and calm. I haven't slept like this in a long time.

I decided to move to the side so I could come face to face with her while I held her by the hips.
She made a verse of disappointment before clutching more at me and resting her forehead on my neck.

I closed my eyes again. I should get up and start getting ready considering we had to be at Serris' at 11. But this is so comfortable.

I try to get up a second time but Kaycee grap my t-shirt and pull me next to her again.

-We have to get up- I said it in a whisper.
-But it's Christmas- She answered me in the same tone.
-But we have to go to Serris- Kaycee tried to get even more closer.

I had to get out of her grip. I don't know if she know what she was doing, but I know that if it went on like this I would want more, and I can't have more.

-I'm going to make breakfast, and you keep sleeping, okay?- She consented with her head but her hand did not leave my shirt. I took it from me and I finally managed to get out of bed.

I took a few seconds to fix the blankets around her body. I wanted tremendously to go back to sleep with her but that wasn't the plan, the plan was to make her career change and grow so she could find someone better.

I got out of the room and went downstairs. There was no one in the kitchen and not even in the living room so I decided to make breakfast for everyone.

After a long time I hear someone enter the kitchen.
-Need help?- I turned around and found Devon.
-No, I'm almost done, thanks-
The man sat on the kitchen table facing me. I paid attention to what I was doing so I shouldn't have looked him in the eyes.

-Since we are alone we can make a man to man conversion, right?-
What did that mean? What did he want to tell me? Why was I so anxious?
-Yeah, why not?-

-How did you sleep?-
-Good, and...- He stopped me.
-And Kaycee? How she slept?-
-Good, I think. She didn't even want to get up-
-Since when do she have no nightmares?-

I approached the table and started making the dish with the blueberry pancakes.
-She had nightmares once with me. But only that time-
-Do you sleep together all the time?-
-She sleeps in the guest room-
-Why, don't you want to sleep with her?-
-I want her to sleep where she's comfortable sleeping- Finish making the pancakes with the last touch with the cream before I start making my dish. Davon also start to eat.

-Why is she different? Why aren't she a one night thing too?-
That was an important question, my answer would have decreed what Devon will think of me from now on, and I didn't know what to answer him.

-When I sleep with a someone, this person comes out of my life right away. Kaycee's too important to be a one night thing-
-And that's why you haven't had sex yet? Are you afraid of losing her right after that-
-I don't know but I can't risk anything-

Devon was going to tell me something else but all the missing people enter in the kitchen chatting.
-I told you he was making breakfast- Kaycee told everyone before approaching me. I passed her the dish with the pancakes I had prepared for her and she thanked me with her eyes.

She was much awake than before, she had also changed. I wondered if she remembered the way she held me closer to her this morning.

-I like this guy- Devon said to his sister but speaking so we all could hear.
-Of course you like him, he cook for you- His girlfriend, Melissa answered him with a kiss on the cheek.