Chapter 23 - Maria

There's a certain dip you feel deep in the middle of your gut when you experience something exhilarating

It's that dip right before the drop on a rollercoaster, or when you get up on stage with a million pairs of eyes on you, or when you feel an unexpected touch you weren't prepared for. That dip that feels like a hole opened up in your belly and a rush of heat passes through it.

That's exactly what I feel in the deepest part of me the moment Knox kisses me.

We've been much more physical than this. We've fucked in more ways than I've ever been fucked, tasted and touched each other too. But it doesn't compare the slightest to the way his lips settle between my own, soft yet hard and enticingly warm.

Now I understand why he didn't want us to kiss.

I thought he was insane for saying it was too intimate. He's had his way with me over and over again. Surely a kiss is far less intimate than what we've done. But I couldn't have been more wrong and he couldn't have been more right. The kiss shoots straight to my chest, warmth immediately pooling and causing my heart to kickstart. It's beating so fast I can feel it in my throat and I can hardly breathe but I don't really need to because Knox is giving me his breaths like they were always meant to be mine. This kiss is so much more intense than anything we've ever done. So much more intimate.

His hands tighten on me and forcefully tilt my head to the side, his mouth closing and opening over my top lip with enticing sucks. I open my mouth wider, greedily, and his tongue immediately slides between my lips until it touches mine. They slide against each other. It's dirty and slow and my stomach does that damn dip again.

"Fuck," he moans under his breath against my lips. He picks up the pace, our mouths parting and meeting in rapid succession and our breaths gradually becoming harsher. "You taste so good. I knew I should have stayed away."

My chest does a flutter at his words. I whisper into our kiss, "Do you want to stop?"

He nips my mouth, hard, and I have an inkling that was on purpose. The next thing I know his hands move to my ass and then he lifts me up in his arms. My legs lock around his waist instinctively and I grip his shoulders tight when my back hits the wall behind me. I groan as his kiss turns harsh, bruising even.

"Does this answer your question?" He snaps.

He grinds his hips into mine and captures my lips between his again. Every time our mouths part, he presses them together again. I can barely catch my breath. He's kissing me like he doesn't know how to stop.

I moan into his mouth when our tongues meet again. Our kiss grows dirtier. He licks the roof of my mouth and the underside of my tongue. Our teeth clash and our lips slip against each other from how wet they've become. He breathes heavily through his nose onto my face and warms me all over. God, his lips are soft. Plush. But so hard and controlling in the way he uses them. I grip the collar of his shirt between both my hands and tug him even closer, kiss him even harder. I don't know how to stop either.