𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗

SCEPTER

"All right, we all have our assignments." Steve announced as they were back in 2012, New York. "Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

They all turned to face the Hulk repeatedly hitting a Chitauri before jumping on top of a car and running off. Bruce brought his hand up to hide his face, clearly embarrassed by seeing his old self.

"Maybe smash a few things along the way." Steve uttered, his eyes flickering to Darla who had to bite back a smile.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce shrugged as he pulled off his shirt and walked over to an old cab before slamming is fist into it.

Darla covered her mouth to suppress her giggles at how pathetic the punch was. He kept lowly growling and picked up a motorcycle before throwing it down beside him once again.

"Oh God, here we go again." Darla uttered to herself. She remembered the Chitauri and the events of New York like it was yesterday.

~

"All right, Cap, D. I got our scepter in the elevator just passing the 80th floor." Tony announced, causing Darla to looked up to Steve with a soft smile.

"On it." Steve responded as he clicked the elevator button. "Head to the lobby."

"Alright. I'll see you there." Tony said over the comms.

Darla quickly grabbed Steve's hand and gave it a light squeeze before letting go once again. Steve smiled towards the girl, wanting desperately to pull her close and never let go, but they couldn't blow their cover.

The elevator door opened and Darla instantly looked up to be met with Rollins. She smiled at the man before stepping into the elevator, followed by Steve.

"Captain. I thought you were coordinating search and rescue?" Sitwell announced before turning to Darla. "Darla, I thought you were injured."

"Change of plans." Steve shrugged, placing his hand on the small off Darla's back.

"Heal fast." She shrugged as Steve let her into the centre of the elevator

"Hey, Cap, Darla." Rumlow allowed his eyes to flicker over Darla, which didn't go unnoticed by Steve or herself.

"Rumlow." Steve nodded, pulling Darla closer protectively.

He didn't miss the way that Rollins rested his hand over the gun in his holster. Steve's eyes flickered down to Darla, who was already looking up at him.

"I just got a call from the Secretary. We're gonna be running point on the scepter." Steve announced calmly.

"Sir?" Sitwell turned to face Steve and Darla with furrowed brows. "I don't understand."

"We have just received word that someone may be attempting to steal it." Darla informed the men in the elevator, her eyes flickering over to Rumlow.

"Sorry, Cap. Darla. I can't give you the scepter." Rumlow placed his hand on Darla's shoulder.

Darla tried her hardest not to react or say anything. Instead, she just shuffled closer to Steve.

"I'm gonna have to call the Director." Sitwell said as he pulled out his phone.

"That's okay. Trust me." Steve slowly leant down towards Sitwell and whispered. "Hail HYDRA."

Darla winked towards Rumlow before taking the scepter from his hands with a smirk.

The elevator door opened and the couple walked down, both with smug smirks on their faces.

"We got it Captain." Darla whispered. "We're one step closer to getting everyone back."

The pair walked in silence for a little while before they heard all the commotion over the comms. They both shared an anxious look with one another whilst Steve asked,

"Tony, what's going on?" He paused for a minute, anxiously looking around. "Tell me you found that cube."

"Steve." Darla slapped his chest as in front of them stood 2012 Steve.

"Oh, you gotta be shitting me." Steve uttered as he looked at himself.

"Language." Darla uttered.

"I have eyes on Loki. 14th floor. Darla is with him." 2012 Steve said over the comms. "I think she's a hostage."

Steve slowly placed down the case and looked across to Darla. She sent him a small smile, not wanting to hurt past Steve or even attempt getting into a fight.

"I'm not Loki. And I don't wanna hurt you." Steve said slowly, hoping that 2012 Steve would listen to him.

2012 Steve lunged forward and slammed his shield into Steve's. Darla took a step back and just watched the pair duel for a minute.

"Where am I at this moment in time?" Darla questioned, lightly tapping her chin. "Oh yeah, I'm injured."

The pair continued to fight causing Steve to be kicked back by 2012 Steve. The blonde went to rush to her boyfriend but he shook his head, causing 2012 Steve to say,

"I can do this all day."

"Yeah, I know. I know." Steve uttered as he stood up. He threw his shield towards 2012 Steve, causing their shields to collide and fly off in different directions. 

"You know, if it didn't hurt you, I'd just zap him." Darla uttered as she checked her nail polish for any chips.

"Yeah I know that too." Steve shouted as he continued to fight with himself, causing the case continuing the scepter to fall down a few levels.

"I'll get it." Darla shouted as she went to rush to get to the scepter before anyone else could. Her eyes widened as she watched both Steve's drop through the different levels. "STEVE."

Darla rushed down the stairs and saw 2012 Steve holding Steve in a choke hold, she didn't hesitate in shocking him, causing him to release his grip on Steve.

Steve grabbed the scepter and placed it against 2012 Steve, causing him to fall to the floor. Darla ran over to Steve, her hands cupping his face, her thumb creasing his cheeks.

"Are you okay?" She whispered softly.

"I'm okay, baby." He nodded before grabbing the compass, which used to have a photo of Peggy in, but now has a photo of Darla in.

Steve slowly stood up with the help of Darla before looking down at his past self and muttering,

"That is America's ass."