5. runaway | pavlikovsky

🎵: apocalypse // cigarettes after sex ( i recommend listening while reading!)
___________________________

the neighborhood was cold, silent. not a soul was heard, you could nearly hear yourself breathing.

"oww! stop! ill uh, i'll call the cops!" y/n whined, as her father slapped her ageinst the cheek. the man didn't react, and threw a chair at her instead.
"i'll call boris! remember? pavlikovsky!" she shouted, not expecting her fathers reaction. "yeah! you little slut! no wonder your mothers dead, go call your sex toy! he will help you! he's a fucking queer! everyone knows that" he yelled, pushing a load of books off the bookshelf.

y/ns father was mad because they were running out of money, and y/n had to spend the last of it on tampons. she couldn't help it, she had used all her socks and they didn't have a washing machine anymore. they had to sell the dryer and the machine for money, and every time they would get money for food, y/ns father would spend it and wouldn't tell her what on.

"go to bed! you have school in the morning and i'm not waking you! fucking whore!" her father yelled, swallowing another pill.

y/n walked into the bathroom, and pulled down her pants. she was wearing three pairs of underwear, hoping she wouldn't leak through.

she got the last pieces of toilet roll, and folded it. acting as if it was a pad, she put it in her underwear. y/n was keeping her tampons for school, as she thought she needed them most there.

y/n escaped back into her room, and changed into a pair of shorts and a shirt.

she put her hair up in a bun, and lay down on her unmade bed.

y/n knew she had to leave, she knew she had to get out of her household.

the girl lay in her bed for a while, hoping the minutes would go by fast.

she lay making up scenarios in her head. she pictured a perfect life, with perfect parents. staying in her huge room, full of little knick-knacks.

y/n waited for what seemed like an hour. she heard her father go into his room, and normally he wouldn't go back out agein.

y/n got up out of her bed, and pulled over her school-bag. most of her books were in her locker, so it was pretty empty.

the girl looked around her small, empty room. y/n didn't have much stuff, but she decided to just pack important belongings. y/n pulled out a pair of jeans, and sweatpants. then she took her only hoodie, considering she was wearing her only shirt.

y/n stuffed them into her little backpack, and looked around for more necessities. she picked up her childhood teddy-bear, and grabbed a beaded bracelet which her mom had gave her.

she put her feet in her ripped nikes, not properly putting them on. she snook out into her hallway, being as quiet as she could.

y/n tip-toed through the hall, and got to her front door. the girl was shivering, she was freezing in those small shorts and that light shirt.

she turned the key, which was in the door. as quietly as she could, she got the front door unlocked.

at the turn of the key, her father had heard. he quietly made hes way down the hall, and y/n hadn't even noticed him. he turned the corner, and saw his daughter trying to escape.