Filter

Jimin's POV

    I knew my heat was coming soon. I could feel it. Everything felt warmer, hotter even. Even when Jae and I were outside earlier, near snow, I still felt like I was burning up standing next to her. Before then, when we were talking about the whole subject, I could feel it building underneath my skin. There was a monster inside and he was just waiting to come out and cause all kinds of trouble.

    It will probably be in full swing in a few days, so I shouldn't even be near her right now. Except that wasn't happening. I wanted to be near her all the time. I wasn't sure if anything would trigger it, but I prayed to any entity listening that Jin would be over his by the time mine started. They're gonna need all the help they can get.

    I didn't want to freak her out, or do anything that would make things weird, I was afraid that it would be different this time. All the times I experienced these waves it was forced; This would be the first time that it would happen and I would actually...have someone available to help me through it.

    I had no idea if that fact alone would make it different, or more intense. I just hoped I had enough experience with it that I could hold myself back when I needed to.

    We were the only ones down here, and I was surprised by how big it actually was. There was a whole area with a pool table and the types of big chairs I saw when I snuck into a movie theatre once. My ears twitched when I heard Jae gasp loudly and run over to large window panels that revealed an indoor pool on the inside.

    It looked nice for sure, it didn't compare to the one I grew up around. I could feel the grin on my face as Jae's wide eyes were looking at the pool in awe. "You like to swim I'm guessing?"

     She turned to face me and her bright smiling eyes looked right into mine. "Oh yes, it's one of my favorite things. I was always in the pool growing up. My mom had to bribe me with food just to coax me out." she laughed, and it was music to my ears. "I wish I could swim in the ocean someday."

    That's right. I remember Tae mentioning that she'd never been to any kind of beach before. The opposite of me, I practically grew up next to one. It was a safe place for me to go when I could, instead of that hellish place I called home. I thought I would never want to go back there, I would take her to that beach. I wonder how far away we were from it now...

    "I grew up next to one." I said, and I was surprised by how quiet my voice sounded. Her eyes grew wide, "Really? That must have been amazing! Oh, I'm so jealous. I would love to see it someday." I smiled, and I held out my pinky. "I'll take you there someday."

    She raised her eyebrow in skepticism, but the grin still stayed on her face. "You like making promises, don't you?" she said, stepping closer to me. Before I knew it my palms started to sweat, "The question is, can you always keep them?" she asked. Her tone was more flirty than I anticipated and I could feel my heart starting to race. Calm down.

     "I never make promises I can't keep." I retorted, and she giggled. Fuck, that was adorable. "I'll remember that." she said, as she finally hooked her pinky with my own, and our thumbs pressed against each other. I could feel the heat rising within my body.

    Everything felt hot and I felt like I was being pulled under. I raised my hand and softly brushed my thumb on her cheek, and when she looked back up at me with those doe eyes of hers it felt like it took superhuman strength not to kiss every inch of her body and make her mine.

     She took my hand and we ended up exploring more of the bottom floor. Almost right next to the pool there was a sauna room with frosted glass, not very big but it could probably fit about three of us if we squeezed. The image of her in nothing but a towel filled my mind. Though if it were up to me, she would be wearing nothing. All sweaty...her skin against my skin...her beautiful face twisting into something sinful...