you're anxious (requested)

Your heart was pounding against your chest as Yeji held your hand tightly in hers. It shook slightly in her grip and she gave it a reassuring squeeze, hoping it'd ease your nerves.

But as you walked closer to the exit of the building that the girls just did their first of many interviews today, you felt your anxiety growing worse as you thought about facing all those screaming fans lined up outside to hopefully catch even a glimpse of your girlfriend and the girls.

They were loud, unashamedly screaming at the top of their lungs. You understood their excitement; it's a big moment and the girls are so wonderful, you're sure it's a dream come true for many fans out there to be able to touch their hands or be greeted with a smile.

And while Yeji and the girls have adjusted to things like these, you haven't. It's the very first time you've gotten to tag along. Because your relationship is out in the open now and this is definitely not normal for you. The screams, the crowd of so many fans that only seemed to grow. It was a little scary for you.

"Are you okay?" Yeji asked as she felt your hand begin to shake more and more in her own. Her reassuring squeezes weren't seeming to help calm your mind now.

Being with you for almost seven months now, she knows when you're anxious, even when you try to not let it show in front of her.

"I-I'm fine." You mumbled but Yeji just shook her head and guided you away from the girls, who waited by the door and waved to fans outside, just waiting for the cue from security to go outside.

Yeji guided you to a chair across the room, away from everyone else. She had you sit down and her timing was perfect, considering your knees gave out as your anxiety became overwhelming at that very moment.

She knelt in front of you and took your hand back into yours.

"I know you're anxious." She spoke softly. "Don't try to fight, y/n. It's only gonna get worse. Just ride the wave, hold my hand, and focus on me."

You swallowed thickly as your breathing turned into heavy pants. She brushed her thumb along your knuckles in circles and tried to calm you down by coaxing you through it.

"I'm here, baby. Right here." She soothed. "I've got you. Breathe now, take deep breaths."

You shook your head, too anxious to really let the words fall from your tongue about how you couldn't breathe. You couldn't take deep breaths and you felt a weight on your shoulders as you squeezed your eyes shut.

"I know you feel like you can't breathe, but you can. Just focus on me, on my voice, and my touch. I'm here with you."

You managed to take in a few deep breaths with Yeji's help.

"Good job. You're getting through it." She spoke softly, using her other hand to brush along your arm soothingly. "You're anxious about the crowd?"

You nodded quickly.

"I know. It can be scary sometimes. But you're safe. It's not a long walk and I'll be with you the whole time. I'm gonna be right behind you and Ryujin is in front of you, so if you need to lean on one of us you can. You'll be perfectly safe, that I can swear to you."

You opened your eyes, feeling as though the anxiety was starting to ease a little. You felt shaky and your breath hitched on occasion. But with Yeji there with you, like all the attacks you've had before when she's with you, you felt safe.

"There's my strong girl." She smiled and reached up to caress your cheek.

You closed your eyes again and leaned into her touch, causing her to chuckle happily and kiss your cheek.

"Yeji? Y/N?" Chaereyeong spoke as she stepped close to you. "We've gotta go. Are you both okay?"

Yeji looked at you then back at Chaeryeong, who you nodded and smiled at as you rode out the wave completely and leaned forward to drop your head on Yeji's shoulder.

Her arms wrapped around you, lips buried in your hair for a kiss.

"Yeah, I'm okay now. Thanks, Chaeryeong."

She nodded and walked back to the girls. You pulled away from the hug, gazing at Yeji who was relieved to find that your eyes weren't filled with anxiety like they'd been before.

"Don't let go?" You asked, holding your hand out for her to take, which she happily did.

She intertwined your fingers and brought your knuckles up to her lips, where she peppered kisses along every inch of your hand with a sweet smile.

"I'll never let go." She promised, making you feel safe and sound.