i. minor death threats and the like

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ─── minor death threats and the like

[ Damien ]

𝔇amien Lebedev was a notoriously hard teenager to scare. In fact, most demigods in Camp Half-Blood had never seen the teenager look terrified, not even when Mr. D was shouting at him and threatening to turn him into a dolphin.

Yet, the Aphrodite cabin knew better.

Yes, Damien Lebedev was hard to scare, but if there was one person who could, then it was his eldest sister. That was the reason that Damien was avoiding all eye contact and his sister glared down at him.

"Damien?"

"The sky is wonderful today." Damien muttered, looking for an escape plan, but Silena was unforgiving. She would get an apology out of him, even if it was slightly like trying to get blood from a rock. "Wow, I've never seen it look so good."

"The curtains are closed. Stop it." Silena folded her arms across her chest, one eyebrow cocked as Damien gulped. So, Silena was very annoyed with him. "I thought I told you to help the newbies?"

"I did." Damien nodded, finally making eye contact with the older woman, who's eyes were narrowed.

"Do you want to try that again?"

"I did?" Damien rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans, still trying to keep the grin in place. Don't show weakness, he kept muttering to himself. Don't show weakness.

"Sure. And you remember when we had that conversation about not traumatising children because it wasn't funny?"

"Vaguely."

"You do. We had that conversation three hours ago." Silena corrected.

"Oh yeah, we did!" Damien shot his sister another grin. "Why is that relevant?"

"The new children are curled in a ball, looking terrified." Silena flicked Damien's ear quickly, before he could dodge, causing the fifteen year old to hiss and try to get away from her. "Traumatising children is not funny, Damien Lebedev! What did you say to them?"

"Nothing!" Damien cried, looking for an open window to pitch himself out of. "Nothing at all."

"Liar." Silena snapped. She was the eldest of Damien's siblings and exactly like their mother. She was tall, graceful and held their mother's ability of charmspeak. In fact, she was the perfect child. Compared to her, Damien was the black sheep of the family.