38°

🇺 🇳 🇪 🇩 🇮 🇹 🇪 🇩

* Omotara *

   Dazzline and I were jumping on my bed, my very soft bed, my very very soft and bouncy bed, my very very....Gosh! Tara, shut up!

        Like I said earlier, my sister and I were jumping on my bed, spiting a very frustrated Zephan, who was sitting on my couch.

    "Tara! Just stop it and use your drugs!" He snapped, stretching the pill and glass of water to me.

  Dazzline and I laughed as we continued jumping on the bed.

   "Dazzline! You're supposed to be scolding Tara and not joining her" he chided.

  Dazzline and I finally stopped and laid on the bed, trying to catch our breaths.

   "What? She's my sister so I have to support her" she laughed and then turned to me with a serious look. "But he's right. You need to get better quick so we can rock my boyfriend's Christmas party".

     "Yeah. You're right. Zephan and I can even wear matching tracksuits" I chipped in excitedly.

"Uhm, yeah, about that, babe, I can't....I'm not going to Gabriel's party. I've got plans with my family" Zephan muttered.

  You can't go where? Is like you're dreaming.

I smiled, trying to hide my disappointment. "Oh, it's okay, I'll go with Amani"

    "I want you to be my Christmas date" he said, in a commanding tone?

   This boy is definitely dreaming. A whole Omotara Imani Adebayo will miss the biggest party of the Year? Ha! Olorun maje. God forbid bad thing!.

  "Yeah I will. Why else am I your girl if I can't do that?" My voice was unusually high pitched which made Dazzline look at me suspiciously.

   "Thanks babe" he hugged me and kissed me.

  "God! Get a room you two!" Dazzline said, dramatically rolling her eyes.

                 *******************

  "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours ehn?" Dazzline asked as soon as Zephan left.

     "My head? Nothing" I replied but it was clear that she wasn't buying it.

    "Better talk now, it'll help" Dazzline said, rolling her eyes.

   "Okay fine! I need you to fill in for me with Zephan" I dropped the bomb shell.

    "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!!!" She screamed.

   "Dazzline! Keep it down! Grandma is still here!" I snapped. Yes, Grandma is staying here till new year.

       "You want me to act like you?!" She snapped. "God Tara! Are you stupid?! What for?!"

   "I'm not stupid, thank you, but this party ehn, I can't miss it, sorry" I replied.

    "So it's me you want to miss the party ehn? Have you thought of what Gabriel will say?" She snapped.

  "Gabe can't get mad at you jare. Is like you don't know just how much he loves you abi?' I rolled my eyes.

    "I just wanna have fun" I added. "So please just do it"

    "Okay, fine" she sighed, glaring at me.

   Emi la o ni yo si? Baa to fe ko ri, bee naa lori.

  I was singing in my head. Christmas party, HERE I COMEEEEEEE!!!

                      *****************

* Dazzline *

    I was taking deep breaths as I stared at Gabriel, expecting his reply. I expected an outburst but he smiled. A disappointed kind of smile.

   "Yeah I get it. Tara is your sister, family first" He replied, pulling me closer to him.

    "Hey, are you angry? I can tell her that I'm no longer interested. It's not like she can force me or anything" I replied and he laughed.

   "We both know Tara, she'll get whatever she wants at all cost. Just be careful and Zephan's okay?" He kissed my forehead.

     "Okay" I replied and hugged him.

  "I love you" he whispered into my hair.

   "I love you too" I found myself saying without even thinking.

   His grip on my waist tightened. "Thank you for being here, with me, always, my heart"

   I smiled. My heart.

                          ************

  Tara and I were lying on Tara's bed, both of us, watching a Tiktok video on Tara's phone.

   One minute, we were on the bed and the next, we were on the floor, clutching our stomachs and laughing hard.

      We heard a loud slam of a door, which was obvious it was the room which Grandma was staying. "Oh no! She's started with her foolish room inspection!" Tara groaned, racing to her closet with both our phones.

     We jumped on the bed, carelessly throwing the duvet on the floor, and cuddling close to each other.

   The door opened and a little bit of light crept into the room. "You both think you're smart abi? You both better stop pretending and hand me your phones" that was grandma's voice.

  I was expecting Tara to get up but she didn't so I also didn't.

"WILL YOU BOTH STAND UP!!" She yelled and we both jumped, startled at the loudness of her voice.

      "Grandma..." Tara's voice was low and sleepy, like she had actually fallen asleep.

    "Where are your phones?" She snapped.

   "Our phones?" I asked, feigning confusion. I turned to Tara, "where are our phones?"

  She eyed me and hissed. "You're asking me abi? Because you saw me with it? Hmm? Abeg shift, I want to sleep" she turned to grandma with a smile. "We don't know where they are, good night granny"

   Tara and I laid on the bed, ignoring our grandmother, who was standing by the door, seething in anger.

  She muttered something like, 'foolish girls', before she slammed the door angrily.

  Tara and I opened our eyes and giggled before saying "goodnight sis. Happy Christmas in advance" to each other.

Tomorrow was Christmas. And I felt happy.

   And that night, I had a very terrible dream, that father died in an accident and mother died of shock after giving birth to ....to my baby brother?

          Dazzline has come again with her stupid bad vibez ooh. Why will she think her parents will die?

   And that Christmas party ehn, SPOILER ALERT; someone's heart will get broken, but don't worry, I'll leave y'all to speculate about who's heart will get broken.

I'll be waiting for your comments ooh. That's what always makes my day

I'm waiting ooh.

Okay ooh.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe.
Till next time.
Love y'all.
Buhbyeeeeee!!!
💖💖💖💖💖.

🇼 🇴 🇷 🇩  🇨 🇴 🇺 🇳 🇹 ; 1041