K. Noritoshi - Pretend

(Requested by someone. I don't remember who and frankly I don't give a shit.)

Kamo sits at his desk in his dorm room, staring up at the ceiling with his jaw relaxed. He doesn't know what to do right now, and he can't think of anything he wants to do. Usually he'd train or study, but he can't wrap his brain around that right now.

He starts spinning in his chair, and abruptly falls off when a loud knock sounds at his door. He doesn't reply, just lies on the ground confused. No one ever really comes to his room. Before he can get up and answer it, the door swings open.

Footsteps approach him, and he lifts up his head to view you standing near him with raised eyebrows.

"Did you just fall?" You ask, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Uh. No." Kamo quickly stands up, rubbing his cheek sheepishly.

It's silent for a few seconds until you groan dramatically, taking a step forward and embracing him tightly. He returns the hug, resting his hands on your shoulder blades.

"I haven't seen you in forever." You stress, rocking back and forth.

"How did you even get in here? The higher up's don't like it when people from the Tokyo school come here."

"Oh, my dear Kamo. I have my ways."

"I don't know what you mean- But um, I'm not going to ask." He pulls away from the hug and looks at you happily. "So how's Megumi doing?"

"Didn't you just see him at the exchange event?"

"We... We weren't really focusing on catching up. Besides, I was never that close to him."

"Right." You sit on the edge of his bed. "So are you busy?"

"I don't think I've ever been less busy then I am right now."

"Fuck yeah, then let's go to lunch or something. My favorite restaurant is in Kyoto..."

Kamo listens to you talk as you both trail out of his room and to the entrance of the school. He loves listening to you talk, and he appreciated that you always felt comfortable when he didn't know how to keep up a conversation. If he didn't know you for this long he probably would be stressing over every word he speaks.

You were his childhood friend. You and Megumi were raised together, and you managed to meet Kamo on a whim at a young age.

It wasn't meant to happen even though the schools should be working together, but you both found a way to see eachother. It was like a forbidden friendship, and the only "adult" who knew about it was Gojo. He was weirdly enthusiastic.

Since then, when you both became teenagers you decided that it didn't really matter and started hanging out all the time. You know each other better then anyone else. Megumi was never as into it as you and Kamo were, so he's more of a acquaintance to Kamo.

However, Kamo wasn't content with just being best friends with you. Even though you always called him your one and only, he could never see you saying it seriously. He hates that he can't just be happy with the one good relationship he's ever had. You don't see him like that, and he has no idea how to bring up his own feelings to you.

"Kam? You good?" You say, elbowing him lightly in the ribs. He seems to stir, straightening up and staring at you with a confused look.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you just phased out for a minute. Looked like you were on hard drugs or something."

"Hard... Drugs..."