Chapter ninety two

Forty eight hours later

(Y/n)'s pov

Lying across the couch I stared up at the ceiling going over again and again this little chaotic plan. Stage one was complete: have our relationship anonymously leaked to the press, now i had eyes on my location all the time and guard, Palpatine, or Sidious as my father had revealed him to be couldn't touch me any longer without revealing himself. That way I'd been able to drop the memory loss act a week ago and that was a huge relief, lying to Ahsoka was just so difficult when she looked so sad all the time. Anyway now we were in stage two, the trial. Obi wan had predicted Anakin and I would face judgment from the council for braking the rule of attachment and thus we'd employed the help of star politician Padmè. She had practically garnered that this would become a public trial involving the senate, and if Palpatine was still aiming to keep Anakins trust he horny do anything to ruin it. Things were swayed in our favour and yet the same worries kept circling round in my head again and again like a stuck data tape.

What if the council refuse to involve the senate?

Could the public turn on us?

Will Palpatine find some way of killing me anyway?

"...stop worrying: it's going to be fine." I mumbled closing my eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to have faith in my own words. On opening my eyes again I held my hand up before my face and smiled at the sight of my engagement ring. Anakin had impeccable taste, the piece was stunning. Which did remind me: Padmè had a number of wedding catalogs delivered since I mention we'd be looking to make it official, dresses, venues, rings, catering, she practically dropped off a box of options for each. Anakin even seemed interested in looking with me, though unsurprisingly he was mostly interested in the different speeders we could rent. Boys will be boys.

Just as that though was crossing my mind I heard a clang from the spare room quickly followed by muttered cursing. Rolling my eyes with a groan I pulled myself up from the couch and got back up to my feet, smoothing down my top as I turned and headed towards the room.

"Anakin I swear to the force if you're trying to work-out again I'm going to tie you to that bed and leave you there." I called across while opening the door already knowing full well what I'd find. Anakin had been complaining ever since he got back from the hospital over loosing the tiniest bit of muscle mass. I mean he was in a coma for crying out loud, he should be happy to be back on his feet so fast. Sure enough when I entered the room I was met with the sight of him shirtless on the floor holding his foot with a pained expression while one of his weights had rolled away to the side. I wish he'd just rest like any normal person.

"Hey you can't blame me for trying love: if all goes to Padmè's plan we have a very public trial coming up and I want to look my best." I reasoned with a shrug using basically the same excuse as this morning. Walking over to where he sat I rolled my eyes again and offered him a hand to get up.

"You don't need to work out Anakin you're ripped as hell: just take a break, come sit with your daughter you know she likes the attention." I hummed helping pull his up from the floor which was more difficult than it seemed since Anakin had a far broader frame than me. He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair as I walked us back out to the living room. I was actually planning to ambush him with some wedding questions while we were there. Since it's my fault we're in this mess I want to at the very least make sure he has something to look forward to.

"Lilac not mauve." He spoke up with a sigh while slumping down into the seat by Ari's crib. I furrowed my brows with a frown, sitting opposite him on the couch and pouring out to cups of tea.

"Excuse me?" I questioned with a small chuckle pushing one of the cups towards him and watching and he gently removed Ari from her crib and rocked her in his arms. My gentle giant.