THIRTY FOUR

Hannah's POV

---------------------

It's been four days.

We've been trying to avoid the don like crazy. For Oliver, Thea, Leo, and I it was easy. He thought of us as nothing more than mindless drones that are supposed to train and do his bidding. It was a little harder for Vinnie and Antony since they were Capos. Alfrigo was constantly finding them to ask questions about Ace or other information. You would think a man in charge of a mafia would know everything that goes on, yet he seemed almost clueless.

Sarah's been our biggest struggle. Somehow, we've managed to hide her from the don and his concierge. They don't even know she's here. She refuses to leave Ben's room. She'll just sit there, all day and night, wearing one of his shirts. We were all worried about her, and her health. She was going through a lot, and we needed to let her mourn, but she would barely eat.

No one has heard from Ace. Since the day his father came, no one has tried to contact him. There was no use, anyways, he wouldn't respond. All calls would go straight to voicemail and he never read any messages. I tried to think of where he could be, but no one would help me. Every time I asked Antony or Vinnie, they would just shrug and tell me not to worry about him.

We haven't heard anything from the American mafia. We expected more threats or more moves, yet they've been silent. I debated on texting Annika, but what's the point? She lied to me, she was never on our side. She may have loved Ben at one point but, like she said, they were raised to kill.

Thea and Leo tried to leave and go back to their compound but Alfrigo wouldn't let them. He refused to let any of us leave the property until Ace came back. I'm not sure if it's because he knows we're lying or he is just being an asshole. Because they couldn't leave, and we had two new guests, the house was packed. Sarah was is Ben's room, Thea and Leo were in mine, Cosimo  was in Oliver's, Alfrigo was in Sarah's, Vinnie and Antony kept their rooms, and I stayed in Ace's. Sadly, Oliver was stuck sleeping on the couch.

Alfrigo hadn't said anything to me since the day we got back, but he hasn't ignored me either. He's constantly been watching me. Sometimes he would watch me in disgust, think I'm nothing more than Ace's whore. Other times, though, he would almost look at me lustfully, making me sick. I thought I was the only one that noticed, but the boys picked up on it too. They made sure not to leave me alone throughout the day which was annoying, but something I was also thankful for.

Today, we did what we do everyday. We woke up and got ready. Before we went to training Thea and I would sit with Sarah for a little while and try to get her to eat. We would train until lunch, eat, and then train more. Just to get away, we would run on a trail that went through a clearing and hangout there for a few hours. It was peaceful and the only place I've felt like I could breathe lately. We would get home in the evening, shower, have dinner, and then all go straight to bed. Before I went to bed, though, I would always check on Sarah and see if I could get her to eat something.

After going through most of the routine, we all came back to the house to shower before dinner. Ace's shower had a waterfall shower head with a ton of different pressure settings. I could stay in this shower forever it was so amazing. When I got out, I changed into one of Ace's black t shirts. It practically swallowed me, but they were comfortable and smelt like him. I walked back into the bedroom to find my sweatpants before going downstairs. I was looking around, when I heard the door open and shut behind me. I jumped and turned around. Alfrigo.

"Don." I say, quickly, wondering why the hell he's in here.

"Hannah." He smiles. It wasn't a nice smile though, I don't think he's capable of one.