one - mars

GAH I couldn't sit on this any longer. I'm back !!!

Do you love your tropes?!!? Enemies to lovers, academic rivals to lovers, slow burn, only-one-bed, mutual pining, college AUs, and plenty of denial?!?!? Then this is the fic for you. I'm literally so excited for this one guys- I so so hope you enjoy it.

Enjoy your read my dears !!

.

Hate is a strong word.

"You should never hate anything," your third grade teacher had told you firmly when you had declared you hated math. "You can dislike things, but hate is a strong word." You'd been inclined to disagree- times tables sucked- but had held off from arguing then.

Your mother said the same thing. You'd shoved your vegetables away from you, claiming that you hated them. "Hate's a strong word," your mother had said with a laugh. "And you haven't even tried them yet."

Hate is a strong word, and it's perfect for describing Levi Ackerman.

He's smug, he's arrogant, and he's so god damn annoying that it makes you want to smack your head off your desk. He somehow managed to score above you in every major assignment and midterm in the two classes you had with him in your first year of university, which you may have been able to tolerate if he hadn't said "that's it?" when he saw the ninety-two on your essay that you'd spent weeks on. You'd gaped in shock as he walked away, tossing his essay with a ninety-six scrawled in the top corner in the recycling bin as he left.

You've beat him in minor assignments and quizzes, sure, but when it comes to larger tests and exams, you only beat him once. Exactly once, last year in your parasitology midterm. You'd scored a ninety five while he'd only gotten a ninety three, and the fucker hadn't even shown up to see marks or been in class for the rest of the week. You'd never gotten the chance to gloat properly.

But regardless, you always dreaded the release of midterm marks more than the actual midterm; every time, you looked under the name 'Ackerman', and you always had to stifle your groan because the grade was always above yours. He's such a pompous, cocky asshole- not to mention he always dresses like he's going to a funeral. Mostly black or white, collared shirts or turtlenecks, stupid slacks and stupid dress shoes.

Levi has always been a rival. But you'd never hated him until your second year presentation in your microbiology course when he sat in the front row with his stupid coffee cup and tapped his foot the entire time, which threw you off entirely. The asshole's steely grey gaze never left you through your presentation and you swear you stumbled over every single word and skipped half of your cue cards.

You'd gotten a sixty three. And then you allowed yourself to hate Levi.

You'd never spoken a word to him outside of class. The only quips you got from him were snarky remarks- like the one time in second year when you'd bumped into him by accident. He'd looked you up and down, wrinkled his nose, and muttered, "oh."

Oh, if he had anything to his name, it was the audacity. The fucking audacity.

You'd hoped, going into your final year of your undergraduate degree, that maybe you'd be fine. Levi wouldn't be in any of your classes, you'd study your life away, and everything would be okay. Life would finally serve you a decent year without an antagonist.

Life had a funny sense of humor.

Because there was no way you were going to have to do a two semester long partner project (not even just a project but a god damn partner project), and out of a class of two hundred people, there was no way that he was your partner. There was no possible way.