Chapter 7:Pool Day

(Previously...)

I wonder what you'd do if I ever decided to show you the real me..." Ami explained as she put her tea on the table

She started to crawl to me getting very...very close to me.

"Would you...fall for me?" she said as she inched closer to me

"Your getting way too close Kawashima, hold on a second, please" I said as she got closer and closer her face was pleading for an answer her lips were inches away from mine as she was about to close the gap between our lips... but maple saved the day and jumped on my lap and gave Kawashima a hiss which made her jump a little bit back in fear, I sighed in relief as I started petting Maple's head to calm her down which she did and curled on my lap and started purring.

Kawashima regained composure and cursed something under her breath knowing my cat ruined whatever she was planning to do.

"Is that your cat Saikawa?" Kawashima asked tilting her head slightly

"Yeah her name is Maple I adopted her a couple years ago, Wanna pet her?, she's very sweet" I asked and she nodded reluctantly her reached for my cat's head to pet, Maple realized this and took her paw and swatted Kawashima hand away meowed angrily at Kawashima

"Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" this terrified Kawashima prompting her to put her now dry gym clothes on took her stuff and ran out of my apartment while apologize and saying that she had to go. I laughed at this and Maple calmed once again and snuggled on my lap and I got back to petting as she purred.

"Good girl Maple serves her right for trying to play with my emotions" I smiled sweetly at my cat. I heard a small creak at the door and I realized who it was.

"I guess I owe you an explanation huh Taiga?" I said as Taiga was standing there with crossed arms, it took a while but I was able to explain the whole story to her about Kawashima and the stalker and letting her stay at my apartment to dry her gym clothes but left out the part of Kawashima trying to kiss me. Which satisfied Taiga, we talked for a bit and she left to her apartment for the night so I went to bed after a crazy day.

________________________________

Next Day (Morning)

I slowly got up from bed and I looked at the alarm clock seeing that it was 8:00, after realizing this I was mentally freaking out. I gave Maple her breakfast and quickly dressed in my summer uniform. and left my apartment locked my door and ran to Ryuuji's house but saw him on his balcony banging on Taiga's window.

"C'mon, Taiga! Wake up, wake up, wake up! Come on! I can't believe how late it is..." he said as he kept banging on the window a few more times, then Taiga slid her window open and is met with a bang on the the head by Ryuuji's broom and she fell on the floor.

"Ow... what was that?" she asked in pain

"My... broom...Nevermind , we slept too long! Come on, hurry up and get dressed!" Ryuuji replied

"What'd you make me for breakfast? And why the hell did you wake me up like that?" she asked

"No time for breakfast or lunch! We gotta leave or we'll be late! I'll get Ren!"

"Actually I'm down here I'll be waiting". I said as Ryuuji nodded. Next thing we know we're running as fast as we can to get to school on time.

Crap! We gotta hit the market or we won't have anything for lunch! Ryuuji stated while me and Taiga don't respond

"You two hear me? Get those legs pumping or we'll-GAH!" he asked as Taiga jumped in the air and double kicked his back