13 [ Clues ]

"Harmonee, focus. " Quisha said quietly as she pointed at the physics Chart on the laptop.

"could you stop staring at her for like a second? I swear if you're eyes can impregnate someone, Quisha will probably be pregnant by now" Indigo whined while Mhyr chuckled.

" Shut up, minion " Quisha scolded Indigo while I just giggled. I am used to hearing Indigo's comments by now. We have been friends since childhood!

Indigo gasped at what Quisha said.

"Yah Harmonee, did you just hear her call me minion? She calls me minion! ha! If you're insulting my height then you're practically insulting Harmonee's as well. I am 2centimeters taller than her! " That's right I am around 153 CM while Indigo is around 155 cm. But she's really proud of it that's why she calls me little Harmonee sometimes, I just don't have the heart to tell her that we're practically the same height.

"As if 2 centimeters make a difference" Mhyr argued while Indigo scoffed.

"Of course it does! Even 1cm matters in height! " I heard Quisha groaned.

"When will they leave?" I heard Quisha muttered. Indigo crossed her arms haughtily.

"We won't leave until this study session is finished. God knows what you'll do with little Harmonee again! "

I blushed because I'm technically the one who insisted doing things not Quisha. Quisha glared at Indigo.

"Huh. People in school calls you elegant, nice, proper and beautiful. Why can't I see those? I only see is a rude averaged face cold hearted wanna be b!tch trying to eat my best friend"

Average face ? If I remember correctly, Indigo always comments on how drop dead gorgeous Quisha is. She even draw Quisha's face in art class as a substitute for a goddess (and that drawing is now safely tucked in my drawer. At that time, I do not know why Indigo gave it to me after getting her grades. Now I realized that both Mhyr and her have already had a clue that time that I have a crush on Quisha)

And eat she says! I'm the one who almost eat Quisha!

" is that all, dwarfy? " Quisha laughed at Indigo's attempt to insult her. I saw Indigo puffed her cheeks. I think she's about to rebut but Mhyr grabbed her then told her they leaving.

"but I'm not done yet! I can't lose a debate! " Indigo screamed scandalously, Mhyr smacked her in the head.

"There's no debate and it's already 7:30,you want your parents lecturing you again? " Indigo yielded then submissively went outside the house not before saying goodbye to me.

The room became silent once again. I can feel Quisha glancing at me from time to time but i too busy looking down because of what happened last night.

My birthday gift... Gosh I had never acted so promiscuous in my life.

"Uhm. Harmonee" she called out my name so softly that it was barely audible. I immediately put all my attention to her while smiling at her.

She scratched the back of her head while looking at me with a flustered face. Usually, I am the one who is flustered so seeing her like this made my heart pound.

I never thought that I'd have such effect to her... To the girl that I've been watching from a far for three years!

She handed me a small leather box. It is obsidian and it has a golden line in it. I hesitated on taking the box because it looked too expensive.

"This is the gift that I was supposed to give you last night... But things happened and apparently, you wanted other gift" I flushed at what she said then I shyly took the gift. She looked at me expectantly while I opened the box.

I gasped when I finally saw what's inside the box. It is a silver bracelet with a small aquamarine in it. I took the bracelet and examined each pendant. There are bottle, dove, rainbow, small shop sign, apron then at the center is a simple aquamarine star.

"It's beautiful. Thank you so much"  I said while admiring the bracelet, I heard her sigh them her expectant look fleetingly turns into dissapointment but she quickly smiled and hide it. I frowned.

Did o say something wrong? Should I have admire it more?

"It's really beautiful trust me. I love each signs especially the little shop. It reminds me of my mama's bakery " I assured her, my voice is obviously panicky. She chuckled at me then I heard her saying 'my bad. I forget '.

"What did you forget? "

"That you're clueless sometimes, Bambi. Even though the clues are in front of you, but that's okay. I'm just really glad that you like the bracelet "
Quisha said gently then I pout at her because I'm thinking about clues.

Which clues does she mean?

She peck my lips and kissed my pout away. That is enough to distract me from thinking of the clues she's saying. Quisha pulled me closer to her chest and I breathe in while enjoying her warmth.

While basking in her comfort, I suddenly blurt out,  "Quisha, Will you be my girlfriend? "

I heard her heart beats too fast and she tried to pry me away from her chest to look at my face but I pressed my face in it instead, too shy to look at her.

"I'm supposed to be asking that, Bambi. Did you forgot that I'm planning to court you properly? "

"But I'm gonna say yes anyways. " I argued back then I heard her sigh.

" but I still have to court you " she said gently as if talking to a petulant child.

"but I might change my mind then. So answer me now or you'll regret it later" I said trying to be intimidating. I even stand in front of her and jut my hips while giving her —hopefully— a scary expression.

"ah. Yes, yes. That expression is too scary, Bambi. You remind me of an angry kitten. " she said while laughing then she pulled me back to her lap and softened my crunched up nose.
"Don't threatened me like that, little thing. You so realize that if you ever change your mind about dating me, then I'll just try harder to get you to like me back again. Simple as that " she whispered in my ears then gently biting on the skin below it. I shivered in delight and anticipation.

"B-but you said yes, right? So you're my girlfriend now? "

"hmm. But I'm still gonna court you. I want to prove myself worthy of you, little one" I smiled at her answer then I hugged her back tighter.

"What's with you and courtship anyways? I'm so willing to say yes even if you don't court me you know"

"I just want to court you because—if ever—I'll be your first partner and I'll try my best to raise your standard so high, no man or woman will ever be enough for you but me. "