19 [ Sweet Harmonee ]

"h-how do I look,mama?" Harmonee asked her mother the nth time tonight as she keeps glancing at herself in the mirror every now and then.

"You look perfect, bambi"  Quisha said beside her. Harmonee shrieked when she saw her lover. She was not expecting Quisha to be here this early. Her mother just laughed then she went down stairs to ready the braso de Mercedes she baked earlier.

"Arq, thought you'd be here at 7? It's only 6:50 " Harmonee said leaning in the comfort of Quisha.

"Well I have to fetch you and Mrs. Xier, a little early is always good right? " Quisha kissed Harmonee's temple.

"Do you think they'll like me and mama? " Harmonee asked as she glanced at herself in the mirror again.

"Of course"Quisha assured. After the dinner with her parents. Her mother asked her to invite the two for a dinner in their house.

Mrs. Collins did not just wants to meet her daughters lover but her parent's as well. In Mrs. Collins mind, she have know if the other parent also agreed on the relationship, she doesn't want her daughter to get hurt if Harmonee's mother does not approve. Mrs. Collins will fight fire with fire if someone dares to humiliate and reject her daughter.

"Quisha,dear. Do you think it's a bit formal or is it okay?" Mrs. Xier asked once the couple comes down. Mrs. Xier is wearing a simple white dress paired with a short heeled shoes.  Quisha smiled in approval. Harmonee takes the box from her mother's hands them the couple went outside to wait for Mrs. Xier.

Harmonee and Xier would've come to Collins' house with their car if it weren't in the repair shop,hence, Quisha went to fetch them tonight.

"You know you don't have to bring anything, right mama? " asked Quisha but Mrs. Xier just waved her hands after locking the door.

On the way to the Collins, Quisha saw that the mother and daughter keeps fidgeting she almost chuckled by how much they are alike even in anxious state.

After 45 minutes, they finally arrived. The Collin's main house is located in the city. The house is a 2 storey mansion with a large gate and luscious trees surrounding the area. It felt a little too intimidating especially when the guards outside opened the gate and revealed the huge property.

"I thought there are only 3 of you in the family? This is a mansion not for 50!" Harmonee rambled while Quisha just chuckled. When they stepped out and walked to the door, they were immediately greeted by a house helper and they were urged to go straight to the dining.

Both Xiers are looking in amazement by the wide and luxury house. The high ceiling made the inside felt more like a museum than a house. There are also various expensive decorations and arts in the walls.

When they went to the dining Quisha was surprised that her mother was actually cooking while his father was laughing at the frantic state of his lover. The maids are also walking fast paced and they assist their Mistress.

Mrs. Collins finally stopped giving orders and stopped stirring the pot then she was surprised to see 3 person gawking at her.

"M-mommy" Quisha was both giddy and confused seeing her mother like this. It has been years since she cooked but Quisha still remembers the delightful taste of it.

Mrs. Collins was embarrassed to be caught my her daughter, she always tried to act tough and powerful in front of Quisha that she did not realize that she's forcing her too much to become like her. In reality, she just wants Quisha to be as independent as her because she has been oppressed before when she was younger and doesn't have power and wealth that's why Ariza did everything to mold Quisha into perfection. She doesn't want her daughter to be oppressed and hurt!

"Arquisha " Mrs. Collins squeak she was about to make some excuse OR berate her daughter but Quisha smiled at her. The first genuine smiles she gave ever since she was 12!. Mrs. Collins' heart melts and then she turned to her husband instead.

"Love, you should've told me that they're here! My face is all sweaty" Cairurs laughed then hugged her wife.  "You still look perfect, baby" Cairus whispered but some staffs heard it and they giggled by the PDA their boss did.

"B-by the way, My name is Ariza Collins and This is Cairus Collins. Arquisha Collins parents. It's nice to meet you. Please take a seat" Mrs. Collins said instead her cheeks heating up by her husband's flirty advances. Mrs. Xier smiled then shook The Collins' hands.

"I'm Amanda Xier and this is my daughter Harmonee Xier. It's nice to finally meet you. Also, I bought this. Thank you for inviting us " Amanda said. Harmonee bowed then shook the Collins' hands.

At first the dinner was tense but Mrs. Xier's animated talking have ease the atmosphere and now everyone was laughing and enjoying. Quisha's mom cooked a lot,  from seafood to meats and salad. There are even varieties of desserts.

Quisha felt like her heart is going to burst with happiness. She saw her mother deeply engrossed while talking with Mrs. Xier, Quisha knew that her mother was not acting this time and she's so happy about it. Her father was also talking and then he will his daughter and make her blush. Both Harmonee and Cairns teamed up to tease and flustered Quisha forgot the whole night while the two mother is talking about baking and business.

Quisha clutched Harmonee's hands. Both of them looked at each other and Harmonee quickly wipe the fallen tear on Quisha's face.

"Haply birthday, Arqy "

And it was indeed a Happy Birthday. After so many years, Quisha finally get her happy family back with a bonus!