11. "Bacon?"

Fifth Year:

I woke up early in the morning to make sure I was ready to leave. Alice, (my roommate) and Roxanne was still asleep.

Today my hair is even more of a mess so I decided to take a shower before the others wake up.

After shower, I tried everything to make my hair look decent. But no. It didn't work.

I washed it twice, put some hair cream, and I even sprayed it. But my hair was determined on staying extra curly.

After my twenty minutes of struggling with brushing it, I gave up and made a messy bun. I couldn't find any clips, so I used my wand instead.

"Roxanne," I whispered and slowly touched her arm. "Come on it's eight. You're going to be late."

She groaned and aggressively turned the other way.

"Ugh, how rude. I'm being a good friend, and all I get is a groan?" I slowly got up from her bed and grabbed her pillow.

I pulled it under her head and hit her twice.

"Hey!" She tried to take her pillow back but I already threw it on my bed.

"Good morning to you too. I'll be waiting you downstairs."

I left the room as Roxanne aggressively started jumping.

The common room was mostly empty. To my surprise, James was the only one downstairs.

He saw me and grinned. "Good morning, Wood. Good sleep?"

"Morning, and yes." I grabbed a clean cup and filled it with water.

"Are you sure you don't want to visit your parents instead?"

I took a sip from my water instead of answering.

He didn't get the hint and continued. "I mean, come on. How many holidays do we get? What if something happens and you can never see them again?"

"Potter! I'm pretty sure me not going there won't kill them."

"But what if it will?" He stared at me suspiciously.

I stared back. "Are you trying to tell me something?"

"I don't know, am I?"He squinted his eyes.

I did the same thing. 

We stared at each other before I broke the eye contact and took another sip from my water. "You're acting suspicious." I said.

We stayed quiet for a while. Roxanne wasn't ready yet so I grabbed a book, set down on one of the arm chairs and started reading.

"So..." I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore him. "What's your plans? With Teddy."

I turned the page over and acted like I didn't hear him. But it didn't work.

"Sleep over? Pajama party? Staying late at night? Snowball fight? Movie night? Baking cookies?"

"Thanks for the ideas." I muttered as I turned over the page again.

He muttered something under his breath, but I didn't understand what he was saying.

"What's your problem, Potter? Why are you so against me to have some fun with my friends?"

"Oh, no, no. No." He adjusted himself on the sofa and I did the same.

We normally do this when we're ready for an argument, even fist fights.

"I don't care if you want to have fun with your friends. I just don't think boy friends should count."