Chapter 84: Covenantor (VII)

The next day, Lu Xiufan took Shang Ke to the capital's hospital. He had the doctor do a full body examination on them both.

Lu Xiufan frequently trained and practiced fitness, so his physique was sturdy and far more powerful than normal people. Shang Ke's health status was also higher than normal people. But because he had undergone treatment for the mental virus, his mental lifespan had been cut short by over a hundred years, the mental lifespan of people in this world being around 215 years. The brain cells of a normal person held very powerful regenerative abilities, but once a Covenantor hits the age of 25, their brain cells would gradually lose this ability and weaken.

Lu Xiufan read through Shang Ke's health report, his face noticeably gloomy.

"Sir, there is no one else at room 301V." A bodyguard reported.

"Hn." Lu Xiufan ordered, "Take Shang Ze over, if there's nothing else, return at once."

Under the escort of the bodyguard, Shang Ke went to Yue Cheng's sickroom. Based on the doctor's report, what Yue Cheng had was acute cerebrovascular disease, commonly referred to as a paralyzing stroke. With the current level of medical technology, curing it wasn't hard, but the patient still needed a period of time to restore functionality. While they were recovering, their body would be in a half-paralyzed state. Their words would be inarticulate, and the patient may be prone to fainting or vomiting. They could not be overly emotionally stimulated.

Within the sickroom, Yue Cheng was watching the television while lying on the bed. He caught a glimpse of Shang Ke from the corner of his eye and shock swept through him.

"...Ze." A muffled word came from Yue Cheng.

Shang Ke walked to the bedside and apathetically answered back, "Father."

Yue Cheng stared at him in a daze for a moment and then immediately closed his eyes. Yue Ze was once his most treasured child, filled with his high hopes, suddenly turned into a covenantor. It was the greatest shock he had ever received to lose him in that way. From then on, whenever he saw his cold and detached face, he would feel incredibly unwell.

But now that he sees him again, Yue Cheng was still unable to dispel that feeling.

The sickroom remained quiet with only the sound of the broadcast music.

After a moment, a flat voice came from Yue Cheng's side, "Father, I hope you get well soon. I will leave now."

Following that, his footsteps gradually fell quieter as he walked away. The door opened and closed, and the room once again sunk into silence.

Yue Cheng slowly opened his eyes, staring at the closed door with a complicated expression. At the same time, a silver light glinted at the edge of his vision and caught his attention. He turned to it, to find a silver-sugar paper-wrapped chocolate lying on his pillow.

Great turmoil immediately went through his eyes. He remembers once telling Little Ze that he likes to eat silver star chocolates, because Little Ze's mother was the best at making it. But ever since she died, he had never eaten anymore.

【Dad, don't be sad. When I learn how to make chocolate, I will make chocolate in place of mom.】 The six-year-old Little Ze had once promised him.

Even though he turned into a covenantor, he still remembers that old promise? Weren't covenantors emotionless? Perhaps Little Ze...

"Little... Ze..." Two words forced themselves from Yue Cheng's mouth as remorse and grief-filled his eyes.

After Shang Ke left Yue Cheng's sickroom, he followed the bodyguard back to the floor where Lu Xiufan was staying.