♛ 15

Assassination lesson. 

It's dead silent as the whole class of 2-A sat in their own seats quietly. A man then walked into the room, his strong aura intimidating all of them. His figure is tall and well built and he looked like he's in his mid 40s. He's also wearing a white suit with a black sunglasses, he's definitely some kind of a lavish man.

The atmosphere was tense, no one wanted to say a single word.

"Alright, I'm only here for today. To assess you on your first assassination lesson in your second year," he sat down on the chair. "Greetings, my name is Eric."

Dasom turned towards Jeno who sat down next to her with a straight face plastered on his face. 

"Dasom, you're spacing out." Jeno shook her body, snapping her back to the reality.

She turned her head back to the man who stood a few meters away from her. He was already staring at her when she turned his head to look at him. She somehow recognized him- he looked oddly familiar to her.

"I want to see your skills, all of you," said Eric.

They all changed into their suit before heading towards the training room specially made for the class A. The first one is just basic shooting skills. Dasom took a deep breath, taking the gun from the table before walking back to her place.

Mark taught her how to shoot before, she should be able to at least score 7. She didn't even realize that she was holding her breath the entire time. She shook her head lightly, not wanting to mess this up.

She lifted the gun up, pointing at the bullseye. She imitated the way Mark stand and holds his gun. In the count of three, she pulled the trigger and to her surprise, it managed to hit the bullsye.

Eric looked at her with an unreadable expression, nodding his head lightly. "Who taught you?"

"What?" 

"Who taught you how to shoot?"

Dasom looked around, not wanting to mention Mark. She wanted to say someone else's name, but that'll cause her more trouble. "Mark Lee."

The man simply nods, taking the gun from her hand. He didn't even bother to look at target, he just lifted one of his hand, pointing towards the target before pulling the trigger, hitting the bullsye.

This reminded her of Mark.

"Tell him to teach you a different method that suits you and to not just copy his style."

Dasom nodded her head, walking back towards the back of the room. Little did she know, she's actually being observed.

✧⋆—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

Dasom held onto the railing, looking at the scenery in front of her with starry eyes. It's almost time to go home, but she decided to ditch the last 30 minutes to go up here in the rooftop of their school.

She longed for the normal life, but again, the word normal doesn't even exist in her vocabulary. She should've realized this sooner, that her life was meant to go down this way. Every choices she makes will be a huge impact to her life, and she hates that fact.

She's stuck in a survival game, as if her life is just a game. But if this was truly a game, she could've probably just reload again. I'd be better actually, if this was really a game. Because it pains her so much, much more than she favored.

Days like this makes her want to just jump off a building, then disappear forever. She gripped the railing tighter, holding back the urge to just jump off. That was until a voice startled her.

"Just so you know, you'll be replaced easily if you die."

She turned around, meeting the familiar brown orbs. Mark had the both of his hand inside his pocket as he walked towards her. The cold look on his face was somehow comforting to her. It's like he's been through this before. 

"Do you ever want to just, jump off and disappear?" She asked the boy.

Mark pursed his lips, raising an eyebrow at her question. "No,"

Dasom sighed, turning around again, her back facing him.

"But I know how it feels like to be in the verge of dying, feeling exanimate. Holding on is the hardest part, it's like whenever I try to hold on everything slipped away again."

"And then?" She asked, finally turning around to face him again. Her hand that was gripping on the railing slowly began to loosen as she took a step from the railing, closer to the boy standing in front of her. "I fell, of course,"

Dasom raised an eyebrow, not quite understanding what he meant by that.

"But I was in the process of falling, I haven't reached the bottom yet. So I thought to myself again, I didn't want to take a temporary solution that will cause a permanent problem."

He was right. Every words that left his mouth was right.

"How did you get back up?" She asked again, finally standing right in front of him. 

He stayed silent for a moment, looking at the dull sky above them. 

"I didn't."

oho interesting

oho interesting