Chapter 11

Taehyung

Taehyung had to get a job. It wasn't just an option now, but a need. He didn't have money to buy the next week's grocery anymore and as much as he wanted to ask help from Yoongi, he knew that Yoongi would tell him the same thing. To look for work.

So, taking out the most recent newspaper- and the flyers that come along with it, he started to look for a job.

°°°°°

He found a flyer about a personalised art shop looking for a worker. The good thing was that it was over in the next city- eliminating the possibility of someone from his school catching him work.

The only problem that was left to think about was transportation. As the shop was the next city over, he obviously couldn't just walk from his apartment block to the place. He couldn't take a cab either for obvious reasons.

Taehyung gets up from his bed, along with the flyer and goes to his mother's room.

Knocking twice, he hears a faint come in and he walks inside. His mother is reading a book, on her wheelchair- perched beside the small window in her room which has sunlight streaming from it. The view isn't as good- it's of the drainage area and if you open the window- the smell that would come would make sure that your nose stops working for at least a year or so.

Their apartment was nothing short of a dumpster.

"What happened?" His mother asks, voice a bit stern.

"Um...I looked for a job. And found one. But it's in the next city". Taehyung expects his mother to smile at him and tell him how proud of him she is, but she just raises an eyebrow.

"The next city? Why not here? It's more convenient here".

"But...my friends might see me working".

His mother sighs. "I have no idea what to do with you. God. Okay. At least you found a job. But how on earth are you supposed to go there?"

"Yoongi...?"

"Nope. That boy is not your driver. Driving you to school is one thing, but dropping you off at work the next city over just because of your ego- absolutely not. That kind boy has done enough for us. You can...you can take the bus".

Taehyung frowns. The idea had come to his head. "But the money?"

Wheeling her chair towards the old wooden cupboard, his mother opens a built in drawer and takes out a steel box.

"I swear, if you don't get the job- we are going to die starving". Mother hands him a couple of money bills. "That's enough for a ticket to and fro. Kindly don't lose it. When are you going to go?"

Taehyung shrugs. "Next week? Not right now, Jackson has a pool party in his house this evening".

"Next week? What for? You are going to go today itself. You will have lunch and leave. I am sure missing one pool party won't make you die".

"But it's a Saturday!"

"Well, we can't afford Saturdays! Now go set the table, I will see if there are any leftovers left from what Mrs Min brought us last time".

°°°

After lunch, I reluctantly put on some joggers and a plain white hoodie, grab the bus ticket money and get ready to leave.

"Tae, you are ready?"

Taehyung nods.

His mother had shifted her reading to the living room now. Seeing her eyes bright- happy that her son was finally going to work- Taehyung realises just how much he loved his mother.