P. 16 {Flirt}

A few days later, I was so freaking happy to be out of school. The day had just dragged on and on and on. I had even texted Namjoon and asked about this week's session, bored out of my mind. He, of course, gave me nothing. Just the pages of our math lessons I would need to study with a smirking emoji.

Sowan was no help either as she had ditched our last two classes together for a quick romp with Jungkook, captain of the lacrosse team. The boy was fine but he was young and I liked my men older.

Walking home by myself, I stopped in at the cat cafe for a vanilla chai, my fav. Seokjin, the shop owner, saw me and immediately began to prepare my usual after a quick wave. As I waited, Seokjin's newest employee came from the back of the shop, arms full of delicious pastries.

There were cupcakes, turnovers, cinnamon rolls, croissants, donuts, apple fritters, cannoli, strudels, baklava, all fresh out the oven and still steaming in his hands. The smell took over the entire lounge area and everyone's head turned toward the mouth watering aromas.

I had to swallow a few times myself.

Seokjin walked over to my table at this time and handed me my drink. With a smirk, he says, "He did glow up didn't he?"

"Hunh?", I looked over to him having no clue what he was talking about. He pointed in the direction of the pastry case where the boy was currently placing all the goodies.

"Taehyung," he stated as if I should have known. "That boy went off to college and came back gorgeous, didn't he?"

I laughed at his enthusiasm before turning to look at the boy carrying the sweets.

All I could say was 'Wow!'

Taehyung had really grown up and filled out. His hair was a dirty blond now and had grown out down to his rounded jaw line. Two strands hung to the sides of his face as he had it pulled back into a ponytail. His arms were sculpted like he had been doing hard labor in the penitentiary or something, the veins flowing all the way to his fingers, popping out enticingly with every movement of his body.

A lite back story, Seokjin's Appa's little cafe had been a staple in our little community growing up. We would come here everyday after school and all summer. And every time Seokjin and Taeyung were here working their asses off. Most teased them for not being able to hang, labeling them weird and making them somewhat of an outcast.

But my Appa had sat me down early and explained to me that hard work and family was nothing to joke around with and I befriended the quiet, somewhat introverted boy and his older brother seemed to approve.

Many a days, Sowan would find me in here keeping Taehyung company while he busted tables and mopped floors. Sometimes she would sit and kick it with us. Others she would only acknowledge his presence with a smile before dragging me out to tell me something she considered immediately urgent.

Taehyung, at the time, was a bit nerdy, skinny, pimpled, with short tapered greasy looking black hair, and kinda short for the male gender. But this guy?

"Tae, come say hi to (Y/N)," Jin shouted out next to me and I wanted to throw my hot tea in his face but fought the urge as said man sat down his tray and began walking in our direction.

His walk was insane. It wasn't a regular stride of a tired worker. It was that of a model stepping out of a GQ magazine, confidence and dominance pouring off of him. He stepped closer to me and held out his hand to shake. I stared at it, now up close and personal, and could see all the veins on his long sculpted fingers. The tattoos that ran up his arm didn't help either.

"Hey (Y/N). It's been a long time."

Oh my god, his voice!! So penetratingly deep, I'd swear my soul stirred. I reached out and shook his inviting hand for no other reason than to stop myself from drooling over the man.