𝟗. 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

Where are you taking me?" Jungwon asked as Jake pulled him somewhere while covering his eyes.

"Shhh...it's a secret I wanted to show you something." Jake whispered in response.

"But why can't I see? And why is it so quiet? Isn't everyone supposed to be working for tomorrow's dance?" The boy inquired with suspicion.

"We're here." Jake informed with a satisfied smile and removed his hand from his eyes to reveal the common area decorated and his friends standing in the middle with a cake in their hands.

"Happy Birthday....." Eunhae started to sing and walked ahead with the cake in her hands.

All his classmates also came from the sides to join in the song and he smiled shyly not knowing how to react.

Eunhae lifted the cake in front of his face and the boy made a wish with closed eyes then blew away the candles while everyone clapped and cheered for him.

"We're the same age now." Eunhae gave him a side smirk and elbowed him.

"Don't tell me you're hitting on him?!" Sunoo parted his lips in disbelief.

"Are you sick in the head?" Eunhae retorted while turning around.

"The party's officially started!" Sunghoon announced and a disco ball lit up after the other lights went off with loud music booming through the whole place.

"Do we....have permission for this?" Jungwon asked with knitted eyebrows.

"Of course we do!" Jay replied and dragged him towards the crowd.

Everyone danced and drank whatever was being served in the cups while Eunhae and Sohyeon sat on a side being exhausted from all the arrangements they did for the surprise.

After a while of sitting in the noise, they decided to go back to their room since they had to work some more tomorrow.

"Can I please have the cake?" Sohyeon pleaded as she trailed behind Eunhae who took the cake towards their room to eat it later.

"No. We'll eat it tomorrow when we're all together." She replied while lifting it a bit from the girl's reach.

"That's not fair!" Sohyeon whined as the music faded out in the background while the two climbed the stairs to reach the girls' dormitory.

"Hey guys! Wait!" Heeseung called from the back making them stop in their tracks and the two looked behind to find the boy all huffed up

"What? Is something wrong?" Eunhae inquired.

"No. Why would something be wrong? I just wanted to tag along..." The boy looked around awkwardly as he had his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"Go away. You're not allowed up here anyways." Sohyeon scoffed as they continued climbing up the stairs.

"All the faculty members are busy in preparations for tomorrow. I doubt someone will notice." Heeseung answered ticking her off.

"It's fine. We aren't doing anything special anyways." Eunhae replied with a chuckle while Sohyeon gritted her teeth.

"Ah, have you seen Jake?" Heeseung asked after they finally reached up the stairs.

"No? Wasn't he partying like a dog just right now?" Eunhae chuckled sarcastically but gasped while being startled as she reached the right turn.