Concerns

All the tables filled up eventually. Almost everyone had been stunned when they saw the potions professor with a child, as expected. The students had broke out into curious chatter.

"Is that a child beside Professor Snape!?" "Does Professor Snape have a child?"
"What the bloody hell! Is that Professor Snape?"

Severus felt Harry squirm beside him, clearly uncomfortable with the noise.

"Sev'us? Woud, scawy." Harry had put down the fork while his hands started to make its way to his ears, trying his best to block out the noise.

Severus saw the opportunity and took it.

"It is rather loud. Why don't we head back to my quarters then? We shall have the rest of the dinner there."

"Yesh pwease" Finally, Severus could escape from this hell hole they call a dinner.

Harry raised his arms on instinct. Severus did not want to ruin his image yet and simply lifted him from the chair and onto the floor. He motioned for Harry to follow him out of the Great Hall.

"We will be having dinner in my quarters." Severus announced simply to the staff table and left with Harry. Harry walked beside Severus, disappointment evident on his tiny face, practically leaning into the man.

After the pair made their way out of the student's and staff's view, Severus hefted Harry into his arms. A surprised yelp exited from Harry's mouth before nuzzling into Severus's neck.

Making his way back to his quarters, thankful that no student of his saw his current state, carrying a child. Harry was nodding off by the time it took to go back.

"Harry." Severus said, voice gentle, shocking himself at the tone. He never even knew he could talk in this manner, uncharacteristically gentle.

Harry stirred but otherwise did nothing.

"Harry, wake up. You have yet to finish eating dinner."

Harry whined but awoke, rubbing his eyes sleepily as he was being carried to the kitchen. He rested his head on Severus's shoulder, trying not to fall asleep again.

Severus had asked Dobby to deliver the rest of the food on Harry's plate to a ceramic plate on his kitchen counter. Figuring that Harry would most likely not be awake enough to eat by himself, he settled on feeding him to avoid a mess.

Holding the plate, he carried it to Harry's room. He set the plate onto the wooden bedside table and sat down with Harry on his lap.

"Just a few more bites and you can go to sleep."

Harry lazily nodded not fully aware of what's going on. Severus fed Harry a few spoonfuls of mashed potato and a few bites of beef just like he said. Placing Harry on the plain white bedsheets, he Accioed his old night shirt, black of course, did the usual spells before fitting it on him.

Shifting Harry to a more comfortable position, he laid him down and pulled the covers over the child before leaving the room silently.

Now, he had a new problem to solve. What was he going to do with Harry during his classes? He also had to take Harry to Diagon Alley tomorrow to buy some clothes and new glasses. He just hoped that nobody was going to get detention in his class. Unfortunately, he would not be able to carry out his usual detention assigning routine due to his circumstances.

'Maybe Minerva or the Headmaster could watch Harry while they were free.' That could work. Severus floo called the Headmaster.

It was answered in the first few rings.

"Hello Severus. What has you calling me at this time?"

"I would like to have Harry stay with you during my classes. I will not have him in my class while I teach."

"I suppose that can be arranged. Come to my office tomorrow morning and we'll see what we can do although I think this may not work out."

"It's a reasonable idea Headmaster. There's not much that could go wrong."

"We'll see. Goodnight Severus, see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Headmaster."

A/N: Sorry for the slow update. Totally forgot that my exams are coming lol. Chapters are going to be shorter then usual but that might be a permanent change since it's easier to think and write shorter chapters :)

p.s: the titles are gonna be more straightforward and less creative cuz of the short chapters