𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

First person pov

     We all started gathering, again, at the backyard to finally start the funeral. Since it was raining, all of us were holding black umbrellas, for the exception of Klaus, who held a pink tiny umbrella, which I think was meant for children, Diego and Luther, who weren't covering themselves with anything at all. I stood between Klaus and Five.

    _"Did something happen?"- Grace asked with a smile. I furrowed my brows, as I thought the situation was quite clear for all of us.

    _"Dad died. Remember?"- Allison responded, looking at her with worry and confusion.

    _"Oh. Yes, of course."- She quietly replied, her expression finally matching the rest of ours.

    _"Is mom okay?"

    _"Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know, recharge."

    Pogo approached us, also holding his own black umbrella, and looked at Luther.

    _"Whenever you're ready, dear boy."

    Luther took a deep breath before stepping forwards and taking the urn lid of. He slowly tipped the urn, and the ashes, in a very embarrassing way, just plopped in the ground, forming a small pile. My mouth turned into a line at the awkward moment.

    _"Probably would have been better with some wind." - No shit, Luther.

    _"Does anyone wish to speak?"- Pogo asked, looking at us. No one seemed to want to do so. I mean, I probably did have things to say to dad for the last time, but I couldn't find the courage to do so. _"...Very well."

    _"...In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall be forever in his debt. He was my master...and my friend. And I shall miss him very much...He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

    _"He was a monster."- Diego interrupted Pogo's emotional speech. That mad me want to punch him. I understand his hatred towards dad, but respecting Pogo was the least thing he could do.

    _"He was a bad person and a worse father. The world's better off without him."

    _"Diego."- Allison hopelessly tried stopping him.

    _"My name's Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it."

    _"Would anyone like something to eat?"

    _"No, it's okay, mom."

    _"Oh. Okay."

    _"Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

    _"Diego, it's really not the time."- It was my turn to try and intervene. I don't think that was going to end well.

    _"And you too, Y/n. Or, should I say, Number Five's substitute. He didn't even bother to give you at least a number of your own. He treated you like a replacement and made you feel like you didn't even belong."

    I shut myself up after that, taking a step backwards. That was a bit too harsh to my already scarred mentally situation given to all recent events. I really didn't need a reminder to my childhood insecurities. Five put a comforting hand on my shoulder, that I mentally thanked for.

    _"You should stop talking now."

    Diego turned around to face Luther, with an ironic expression.