𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞.

꧁—— ❦ ——꧂

꧁—— ❦ ——꧂

𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐿𝑂𝑈𝐺𝐸

             Cumulus clouds slowly drifted, covering the half-moon, a pale white hue paints itself across the sky; an artist dragging the tip of a brush against the canvas, strokes of black and blue swirling in the air.

The bitter November breeze nipped at exposed skin, dampening the fabric coats, sending shivers through spines and rattling bones. A velvet blanket is wrapped around a bundle in the mans arms, slivers of bright blue contrast the faint street lights, piercing the gloomy night in a way headlamps on cars failed too.

A woman appears beside the man, palm wrapped in the crook of his elbow. "This isn't fair." She whispered, tone heavy with despair.

"You know that we must." The man replied, gazing at the baby in his arms, "It is for everyone's safety."

"This could have been avoided." She turned her gaze upon him, chin held high, brown waves shining in the moonlight.

Glowering, he lifted his gaze to the house in front of him, nose scrunched in distaste. "It was not up to the girl to fix it." He said. "This was meant to happen."

The neighbourhood in the South of Brixton, was all the same; red bricked townhomes, matching weak brown roof, gardens filled with tulips and daisies, all tediously placed, a humdrum sense of living.

"Alida will be mad." The brunette said, peeking at the little girl wrapped in the blankets. "She'll be furious."

"She was aware of the possible outcome, Lucrieta." The man sighed, flickering his gaze to the yellow light in the upstairs window. "Come, Alida must be awake."

Lucrieta watched as the tall man took a step forward, desperately wrapping her palm around his bicep. "Please, let us raise her." She pleaded, "It's for the best."

He turned towards her with a sorrowed smile,
sighing as he did so. "You know that is not the truth." He whispered. "The Fates have a job for her."

"I know." She responded, dropping her head in defeat.

The poignant air punished them as they walked across the street, icicles pricking at their skin, breeze knocking them backwards; moonlight shone directly on them, attempting to give them away, to ignore the Fates.

The man placed the baby in a wooden basket, bundled securely in thick velvet blankets, cheeks a light pink hue from the heat. Positioning the basket in front of the door, he reached into his robe pocket, retrieving a single piece of parchment and placing it on top of the little girl, one sentence written on it;

𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗱𝗮.

Lucretia lifted her hand, fingers briefly pressed against her lips, blowing a kiss towards the little girl, pulling the corner of the blanket higher to fight the chill, frantically blinking as she stood up, turning and walking away. She watched with stinging eyes, hidden in the shadows as the man knocked on the door, sparing once last glance at the child before turning, jogging towards her.

The man came to a halt beside her, grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers, whispering, "I'm sorry, Lucrieta."

"It's okay." Lucrieta sniffed, specific parts the prophecy playing on repeat in her head;

"𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗄 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗌 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗅... 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝖼𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝖽𝗈 𝗇𝗈𝗍... 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗆𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝖾 𝗄𝖾𝗉𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗍𝖾𝖽..."

Lucrieta watched with somber eyes as the door to the house was opened, grasping the mans hand tighter, "I know we must keep them apart, or the world will fall in their hands.

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝐿𝑈𝐷𝐸

Lavinia Ilse Vinke was a punishment from
God; a retribution in an act of vengeance.

Blonde ringlets always sitting in the proper place, radiant blue eyes that made the Heavens sing a beautiful tune, the perfect scion to carry out their fates.

Lavinia slipped into your life through the cracks, whispering sweet nothings in your ears with promises of forever clinging to the crevices; deluded images of security that she ripped away, punishing those for their sins.

A puppeteer stands on the white clouds above the Heavens, surrounded by Deities and Gods, tugging the invisible strings attached to his marionette, their successor; Lavinia — the pawn in her own inevitable prognostication.

꧁🕯🔮🪐꧂

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒

this book will mention character death, child abuse, major violence, gore, underage drinking, recreational drug use, torture, and forms of self-harm. please read with caution.

i do not own or claim to own anything in
the Harry Potter universe besides a
few of my own original characters,
and my twist on the plot.

all rights belong to J.K Rowling
(i don't support her transphobic comments, everyone is welcome here)

majority of my oc names are dutch
because i'm dutch and i feel like i've
read all of these stories with so many
other languages but never dutch,
you know? therefore with each new name
introduced i'll add at the end of the chapter
how to pronounce it. Lavinia is the only
oc without a dutch name because i
couldn't find one that stuck.

꧁🕯🔮🪐꧂

ahhh i'm so excited for this book! i left two clues in this chapter about her family

i left two clues in this chapter about her family. one is a bit obvious honestly, but the second one isn't as obvious, and there will be another clue later in the story to further solidify it to reveal a plot twist.

thank you for deciding to read my book,
and i hope you enjoy it. please feel free to leave any criticism, and point out any
mistakes. don't forget to comment
and vote. until next time, besties <3