twenty-two

"Wait, what?!" Giovanna gasped, looking at me with her eyes widened and mouth hanging open.

"C-can Liam come with us today?" I repeated my question earlier again and awkwardly took a sip from my tea cup.

We were having breakfast together at the main kitchen. I was sitting on one of the bar stools while Giovanna was standing on the opposite side of the island.

"Does he want to come with us?" She asked suggestively and I nodded, "Okay. What in the world is going on here? You get Liam to take us shopping?!"

I sighed, did't get it why did she have to make it such a big deal. It wasn't like Liam had never gone out. He was rarely at home on a daily basis.

"But we cannot bring Luke with us though." I added and Giovanna smirked knowingly at me.

"I see." She raised her eyebrows, "So, you're ditching my brother to go on a date with my other brother. Way to go, girl."

"Don't be sarcastic." I whined, fixing my fingers around the tea cup to warm my hands, "And it's not a date. You're coming with us too."

"Whatever you say, Lo." She chuckled and shook her head.

"You're okay with it, right?" I rechecked. Her answer earlier wasn't quite clear.

"Okay?" Giovanna grinned wickedly while throwing her hands in the air, "I am more than okay. Liam is filthy rich compare to Luke. Why wouldn't anyone want to go shopping with him?"

I chuckled, "I don't mean to rain on your parade, but Liam made it abundantly clear yesterday that he will not be paying for anything. So, you might want to speak with your parents before we go."

Stuffing her pretty mouth with another spoonful of cereal, Giovanna leaned forward.

"Well, I guess my best friend here can convince my brother otherwise, can't she?"

After we finished eating breakfast together, Giovanna and I hung around the house for a bit, waiting for Liam to be done with his morning meeting.

Apparently, a day off in Liam's dictionary meant working from home instead of going all the way to his office. He worked so much. Too much, even though he promised us he would be done in an hour, he ended up taking three.

I, on the other hand didn't have much to say about that because he was basically making the money for the both of us but Giovanna however, didn't take it lightly.

As soon as we took off, the car hasn't even hit the main road yet and Giovanna was already complaining.

"You said it will only take an hour." She muttered from the back seat and Liam and I looked at each other, "Do you not know how to tell time?"

"Instead of nagging me, how about you join me and your father the next time we have a meeting so you could see how it actually work." Liam suggested.

"No way in hell, I would want to be involved with Papa's business." Giovanna scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And why is that?" Liam chuckled, "Don't you want to know where all the money you spent come from?"

"Why would I?" She sneered, "The only thing I care to know is how and where to spend it."

"Brat." Liam mumbled under his breath and from the rearview mirror, I could see Giovanna's lips twitching.

"Stop it both of you." I sighed, leaning back in my seat, "It's like riding in a car with two five year olds."

"I am five. She is only like a two or a one." Liam scoffed and as much as I wanted to laugh with him, I couldn't. Giovanna was shooting both of us a death glare from her seat.