03. The Source of All Evil

the baby project act one
" almost like a pregnancy "
﹙ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟. ﹚

     DESPITE THE SLIGHT HICCUP on the first day back, leading to Addie having to wash her clothes three times before the stench of her friends' vomit was completely gone and resulting in further feelings of loathing to the Weasley Twins on Addie's...

     DESPITE THE SLIGHT HICCUP on the first day back, leading to Addie having to wash her clothes three times before the stench of her friends' vomit was completely gone and resulting in further feelings of loathing to the Weasley Twins on Addie's behalf, the first week was flying by with blue skies and bright smiles. School had returned to normal, the weather was yet to disappoint, and no class had left Addie feeling utterly petrified for her upcoming final exams, which more or less decided her entire future in the Wizarding World.

     She tried to ignore that last part.

     "But I don't see the point!" Gia huffed, as she continued to watch the whizzing figures of Fred and George Weasley, along with a struggling Leo Jordan, fly about, executing a friendly game of some amusing version of Quidditch on the Training Pitch.

     Jazz sighed, her eyes now lost above her, "You don't need to fully understand the technical aspects of Quidditch to appreciate the game, Gia!"

     Now fully recovered from their sick bug, Jazz and Gia had fully forgiven the Weasley Twins for their attempt at some fun. Clayton was getting there and Quinn was still feeling queazy, most of the time. It would take her a little while longer.

     "Yes, but, I'd rather watch a game of Quidditch with full understanding as to why they use bats!"

     Jazz, a beater herself, was becoming increasingly frustrated for four o'clock in the afternoon from the comfort and of the stands. "We use them, to swat the bludgers away from our teammates!"

     Gia's back slumped further into the bleachers' bench, "Then what?" she asked. Jazz let an audible groan slip from her mouth this time. "Where does it go? Surely there should be multiple bludgers so that the beaters are always kept in play. If there's only one-"

     "There's two!" Jazz intercepted before Gia could say anything more infuriating, to agitate her further. There was a look of physical pain on Jazz's face. Gia muttered something in response, with a mocking tone, but trailed off somewhere in the middle, being in no mood to argue anymore.