34. Boy in a snow storm

"May I?" Taehyung opened the door to his room where Jungkook was sitting on an armchair getting drunk slowly

"May I?" Taehyung opened the door to his room where Jungkook was sitting on an armchair getting drunk slowly. "I'm assuming it's bad if you're not in your company two days before docking when your team needs you and you're getting drunk to your mirror reflection."

"Leave the sarcasm behind the door," hissed Jungkook reaching for the crystal bottle to refill the glass.

"Will you at last tell me what has happened?" Tae crossed his arms sitting down on his bed.

"Everything's fucked up. The plan sucks," Jungkook took a big sip of the whiskey feeling the burning liquid stilling the chaos in his head.

"I wasn't a fan of the plan from the very beginning, you know that," his best friend was serious.

"I thought, if he won't like me I will have a second chance if he won't see my face. Turns out now I will lose him as both, Mr. Jeon, Jungkook."

"Has he broken up with you twice?"

"Trust me it feels like that. I tried to kiss him as Jungkook today, he said he can not kiss me. Half an hour ago I received a text that he will stop coming to see Mr. Jeon," Jungkook closed his eyes leaning back as he could yell, but only a few tears rolled down his face. "I can not lose him Tae, I will not survive it. It hurts mentally, innerly, physically to be without him. I will not even be able to sleep without holding him in my arms."

Taehyung gave out a long sigh, he frowned getting up taking a few handkerchiefs out of his pocket stretching them his way.

"Thanks," Jungkook sniffed more.

"I have never seen you in love, or heartbroken, or suffering because of someone, so I can not tell I'm not enjoying the view," Taehyung's grinned.

"A brat like me deserves it," Jungkook chuckled through the tears remembering how he couldn't really feel in into Tae's pain when his best friend has broken up with his fists boyfriend of two years. Instead Jungkook was doing loud parties in their penthouse. That first and only real argument they had had after Tae came back home to catch him laying down a boy he has met in the club the previous night on the living room couch became so vivid.

Taehyung's has called him insensitive to others' feelings and he was damn right, as him being fresh after a heartbreak didn't need to see his best friend having sex like no tomorrow with a total stranger. But Jungkook had been enjoying his looks and money, experimenting with many things without ever getting involved.

He has always managed to play it safe, to never get involved deeper than a short lasting crush until that one lonely trip to the Alps for snowboarding, when he has barely made it to the mountain house before a heavy snowstorm, has almost gotten lost in that icy wilderness.

Frozen to the core he managed to light up the fireplace and lay down on the carpet watching the snow falling mercilessly behind the windows. He had no idea where it had come from but in that moment his mind produced an image of a boy with deeply dark eyes, a crimson pointed nose, big cushion lips and fluffy blonde hair, a boy with rosy cheeks walking up the mountain in the storm, and damn Jungkook fell head over heels for that person out of dreams, from now on imagining him visiting that lonely mountain house to kiss and cuddle in front of the fireplace, to spread into stars on that cozy bed.

Jungkook was in love for the very first time with a person that didn't even exist yet he was dating his dream boy in his head, neglecting real life, sometimes spending hours lying with his eyes closed imagining them together doing all boyfriend things, outliving a thousand scenarios in his head. He suddenly calmed down, focused on work, stopped seeing real people as he couldn't even imagine to be with someone else as none was giving him an experience even close to this.

Taehyung was the first person Jungkook shared his secret with, showed the pictures he had been drawing of his imaginary boy. It all so hopeless, continuing for two long years of raising frustration until he came across a science fiction book in which a man has hired a detective to find the woman he has seen in dreams and loved so much he has broken up with his real girlfriend for. And being the hopeless lunatic he was, Jungkook immediately proceeded with that plan, finding one of the best detectives in the country to give him an unusual mission. Those two months of Suga not contacting him like a nightmare spread between hope and the perspective of his dream shuttering. Jungkook has almost touched madness those days, but one evening Suga appeared on his doorstep with a confident smile placing an envelope on his desk saying.

"I have found the boy. You will be happy Mr. Jeon."

"Is he? Does he exist?

Jungkook remembered almost dying from anticipation and fear when Suga nodded.

"He's a senior year student, his name is Park Jimin."

Jimin, what a beautiful name, thought Jungkook taking the envelope into his trembling hands tearing it open to find photos of the boy he has seen in dreams, yet even a million times prettier. He just broke out into tears staring at the photos like fixed, caressing over them unable to believe he was real, his little angel Jimin.

"Tae, if Jimin will break up with me I will not survive it," whispered Jungkook returning from his memories looking up at his best friend.

"I bet he is in a similar state now, crying and dying inside to hold you. Think about that. Especially now he will need a friend, someone who will come to cheer him up and be there for him," Taehyung chuckled when Jungkook's heart began to pound madly.

"Of course. Tae you're a genius."

Thank you so much about your amazing support

Thank you so much about your amazing support. I really hope you're enjoying the story. What do you think about Jungkook's conversation with Tae and the story of him looking for the boy of his dreams? Will everything shutter between Jikook or will they find a way?

Much <3