³⁸ |Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 2}

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

"~Parseltongue~"

":Deathtongue:"

~~~ August 28, 1990, 2000hrs ~~~

~~~ Hadrian's POV ~~~

Aunt Minnie was still breathing heavily when she said, "Hadrian until now I had no interest in politics, thus I gave the responsibility of proxy to Dumbledore, but now I think 'gave' is the wrong term. But I don't want to take the seat myself as that would make him suspicious of me. Thus, I intend to let Augusta take over as proxy, this would be less suspicious but would still give your actions a bit more support from the Neutral Faction and Light Faction as even though the McGonagall seat holds little power, my influence is considerable".

I just chuckled and replied, "I think you are spending a bit too much time with Nana Black, Aunt Minnie". She just rolled her eyes and smiled.

I just smiled and turned to talk to the Heirs, "So, how do all of you like the subjects?", I asked. Before anyone could answer, Draco sighed dramatically and looked at me with an impressive sneer only a Malfoy could pull off, "Are you being serious right now? Hades, all we've been doing for three weeks straight is studying, do you have to talk about it during dinner too?", he asked, almost in hysterics.

Everyone else had looked at us by now and the adults were extremely amused by Draco being his usual Drama Queen self. "Oh come one Dray, it cannot be that bad, can it?" I asked as I turned to the other two. "Not really, but if we keep this up, I think once we start Hogwarts we are going to be extremely bored," said Neville looking smug. Susan just nodded, smirking.

Draco was not amused.

While he conducted his regal sulking session, I asked, "So which subject do you like?". "I, obviously, like Herbology, but to my surprise, I love Transfiguration too!" he said, looking at Aunt Minnie. She just smiled at him with obvious pride. "I, however, am partial to Charms and Wizarding Law", said Susan. Uncle Remus and Aunt Andro smiled at her.

Draco just grumbled and said, "I like Dark Arts and Wizarding History", both his parents smiled at him, which just made him sulk and the others chuckle at his behaviour once more.

Before I could tell him to cheer up, Susan beat me to it. "Oh please Draco, enough with your whining. It is not that bad really, you are just being a Drama Queen as usual". Everyone was stunned at this sort of reprimand as everyone had just known her as a shy soft-spoken girl, well not anymore it seems.

It seems Draco had influenced Susan much more than any of us had realised.

She was now the perfect picture of Pureblood grace and elegance just like Aunt Cissa, who looked much too proud at Susan for reprimanding her own son.

Aunt Minnie, however, just sighed. "Any hope I had of any of the three of you being in my house, is now thoroughly squashed like a bug. I hoped Neville and Hadrian would be in Gryffindor but in the last weeks, it became quite clear that Hadrian would not be placed anywhere other than Slytherin. Neville however was on his fast track to being in the House of Lions but the Young Malfoy Heir seems to squashed my hopes under his boots. Susan, I hoped would be in Gryffindor, or at least Hufflepuff is now more Slytherin than her mentor" she said the last part making a stink-eye towards Draco.

The young Malfoy Heir just smirked back at her, making her roll her eyes.

"Uncle Lucius, have you brought Draco to a Wizengamot meeting before?". He looked over at me and shook his head, "Usually the Heirs are only brought to the Council meetings once they start Hogwarts". "Is it possible to bring Draco?" I asked him and turned to look at Nana Augusta and Aunt Amelia, "Can you bring your Heirs as well in an official capacity? Is it even allowed?" I asked everyone in general.

Nana Black answered this time, "It is unusual, yes, but not prohibited. Thus, it is not a problem for them to bring their Heirs, I believe this is in their best interest, as it will give them more time to learn the intricacies of Wizarding Politics and get used to balancing their duties as Heir and school once they start next academic year. The other Heirs will not have such an advantage" she said, nodding approvingly at me.

The others however took her answer as order and nodded in unison.

I just smiled at her, and how she could turn an approving remark and make it sound like an order. I just shook my head fondly and turned back to the food.

After we had all finished dinner, we all chatted for a few more minutes before leaving to rest for the night as the Wizengamot was only two days away.

Tomorrow was scheduled for some last-minute finalising of plans and for the adults sweet-talk some more Council members to agree with our proposals.

I, however, had to meet with Griphook to finalise the finer details on Salazar's Pit and get it ready to be announced to the Wizengamot. I headed up to the second floor and entered my study and through there exited on to the fourth floor into the Black Lord Suite.

I sighed as I sat down on the bed after changing into my nightclothes and completing my nightly routines. I wished my face, used moisturiser and dark circle defence cream and all that good stuff. I finally fell back from where I was sitting on the edge of the bed and pulled the sheets over my body and closed my eyes. Just as I was about to slip into unconsciousness I felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around me and pull me to a well-muscled chest.

I fell asleep smiling softly.