NO. 17

Cia was sitting in a car. She was tired, her ankle was killing her, and at half past one in the morning she was still half hour away from their final destination. How amazing.

She arrived there on time, got to her car, which had no drugs again and drove. Today it was supposed to be easy.  They just had to take those drugs to harbour and make sure, that the ship will set sail alright. None of them knew where it is going, there were probably two or three people knowing it, so Cia had to make sure, police will take it somehow.

And she found a way in the end. The one police officer who she was working with, will have drones which will follow the ship, so the police will take over somewhere else. That way no one will suspect them.

To be honest Cia wasn't sure if she can believe police. But this guy promised her not to tell anyone anything. They both agreed, that there are spies at police station, so it will be for the best if they will keep everything a secret. So they were not meeting, Cia had a phone she could text him from, and her messages were encrypted, just to make sure.

They arrived to harbour and El walked out of the car. People started picking drugs from their cars - turned out, that it was even in her car. Cia watched El and Joseph talking to some guy, then nodded at each other and walked back. Mission accomplished, without any difficulties. Luckily, Cia was tired enough and there was two hour before she'll get home.

Like she was leaving a harbour, she looked from the window stright up to the sky, looking for the drone. But even though she knew, it was somewhere up there, she couldn't find it. How could someone else? Good Mr. Officer, now it's in your hands.

Cia got home at four o'clock in the morning. She went stright to the bathroom. Looking to the mirror, those hickeys were scaring her more than her ankle. Again that night, she felt sick and in the end she just felt on her knees and threw up. Not that it made her feel much better.

After taking a long shower, scratching her skin to the point it was all red, she finally got out of there. She found a turtleneck T-shirt and put it on and went stright to the bed. Her ankle was swelling a lot, so she hoped to sleep it over. When her eyes closed it was almost five.

"Cia! Grecia! Hey! Wake up! Are you sick or dead?" Cia woked up hearing Octavius knocking on the door. She stood up, but forgot her leg was injured and felt on the ground. "Hey, is everything alright?" that was Keane asking. Cia stood up and limped to the door, which was still locked.

She opened the door, just to see twins an now even Leyton. She smiled sheepishly. God she was tired! Her head was hurting - she was pretty sure she was running a fever, eyes were closing and she instantly felt like throwing up  even though there was nothing to throw up anymore! Not to mention her purple and blue ankle.

"I'm not feeling very well today. I'll skip breakfast OK?" she said and closed the door, going back to the bed. It's not that she was dying, but she didn't sleep even for two hours and it all came together in a horrible headache. She pulled a pillow above her head, falling asleep again.

Twins and Leyton came down for the breakfast. Others were already sitting there, waiting for them before eating. "Where is Cia?" Mace asked. No one could deny it. That Sunday in Mall got them closer to each other. Even Octavius already cared, but his ego was too big to admit it.

"She said she is not feeling well. So she will skip breakfast," said Keane with worries in his voice. Jin bited his lip, is she ill?

"I'll go to take a look," he said and with that he left the table. He walked up and knocked on Cia's door. No answer, so he walked in. Cia was sleeping on her bed. He came closer, she was pale, and looked tired. He tried to touch her forehead, just to find out, she was having a fever.

Jin brought a thermometer. Luckily she didn't have a high fever it was 37,6°, but she should stay at home for today. He covered her with blanket and went back down.

"So?" All eyes were on him. Raven smiled, none of the guys would admit it, but they already saw her as sister. They were worried about her. And it was a nice change.

"Well," said Jin as he sat down, "she has a slight fever, so she should stay at home and rest. At least for today. Otherwise I don't think there is something wrong. She was probably feeling sick so she didn't get much sleep at night. Let's just let her rest." Everyone agreed, and since Raven must go to work, Mace offered to stay and take care about her.

Everybody left and Mace was left there alone with sick gir upstairs. He was playing a guitar for a while, then made some tea and decided to go up to give it to her. At least he'll know, in which condition she was.

Mace didn't bother to knock and he went right in. And almost dropped the mug. Cia was lying there snuggled up, crying. "No," she whispered time to time. Mace placed tea on her table and rushed over to her. He didn't have a clue what to do.

So he held her shoulder, trying to wake her up. But the moment he touched her, she stopped whispering no.
She yelled it.
It was a horrifying scream, Mace got shocked and flinched. What was happening? And what was he supposed to do?

"Moomy, no," her voice cracked. Mace's eyes softened. She was dreaming about her mother? It looked like a nightmare. He came closer, sat on the bed and held her hand.

And then he sang a song. It was a song his mother had written. A lullaby she used to sing to him and his brothers before she left. It was a unique song. It always comforted him, but he didn't sing it since his mother left. This was the first time after all those years.

Cia calmed down right away. She brought his hand closer to her and hugged it tightly, so he had to lie down right next to her. But he kept singing, it was calming for both of them.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Heyyy!
I seriously don't know what's wrong with me. Like I have plenty things to do and yet, this is the third chapter for today.
Anyway it is a bit shorter, hope you won't mind!
Love you 🖤🖤🖤