35. Keeping a secret

Jimin's place was empty when Jungkook reached school the next day, his heart becoming so troubled

Jimin's place was empty when Jungkook reached school the next day, his heart becoming so troubled. The first hour has started, but there was no sign of the boy and Jungkook looked towards Mr. Seokjin who was leading another super boring lecture about the industrial revolution after the war.

"Um... Mr. Seokjin!" Jungkook raised his hand shyly receiving the whole classes' full attention.

"Yes, is there anything you don't understand Yeo?"

"I just wanted to ask, do you know why Jimin is absent from school today?" Asked Jungkook when Mr. Seokjin's face became red.

"Any other irrelevant questions in between class?" The teacher tossed everyone a gloomy gaze.

"I just wanted to know how long he will be absent and if he might need some notes or stuff," muttered Jungkook facing the desk, his cheeks burning.

He heard Junoh coughing what he completely ignored.

"Yeo, I'd gladly put you in detention forever, but unfortunately you will spend only today there," Mr. Seokjin faced him. "To your information, Park's mother has called this morning, he's sick will be absent for the whole week," the teacher walked back to his chair continuing his monotonous talk when Jungkook fished his phone out sending a short text to Jimin, hoping to receive a message back.

The history class seemed endless and only his company phone was burning from texts but the one he has taken from Dahee stayed silent, twisting Jungkook's insides with fear. What if it was serious? What if Jimin will do something stupid like harm himself because of him being an idiot?

One million thoughts running through his head when he was packing his books to get to the next class but Hoseok, the quiet boy who was mostly sitting behind him crossed his path.

"We need to talk, preferably privately," he said crossing his arms.

"What is it?" Asked Jungkook sounding anything than pleasant.

He had a massive hangover after getting terribly drunk last night, his telescope was docking tomorrow and he was wasting his precious time here, but the worst Jimin wasn't fine, wasn't giving a sign of life, so Hoseok was really the last one he needed.

"Make it quick," said Jungkook putting the backpack over one shoulder then storming out of the classroom towards the stairs leading to the basement where the locker rooms were located. The corridor was completely empty at the hour so Jungkook leaned against a wall crossing his arms.

"What is it?" He asked.

Hoseok frowned as if considering something.

"I don't like what you're doing to Jimin," he said when Jungkook opened his mouth then closed it again.

"What do you mean?" He asked buffed.

"I have seen you banging him in that car of yours or your father's," Hoseok's dark eyes rested on him when Jungkook insides twisted abruptly.

"What?"

"Listen, I'm not even Jimin's friend or anything, but damn, he is a good person, he has enough on his back with Junoh and the boys bullying him and his shitty parents, he doesn't need a rich spoiled playboy like you to take advantage over him."

Jungkook's blood froze to ice as it has been so careless from him to have sex with Jimin in the car only two streets from that house party. What if Hoseok will spill his secret to Jimin?

"It's none of your business," muttered Jungkook.

"It's not my business, but I think Jimin deserves better than such treatment, you playing out your dirty kinks on him and fucking him like no tomorrow to act as if you're just friends at school," Hoseok's judging gaze slid down him.

Jungkook bit his lip thinking hard, he needed Hoseok to keep quiet about it especially to Jimin.

"Listen, he has a really hard time at school and I don't want him to receive even more bullying because of his sexuality. Jimin also isn't out yet, so that topic is extremely sensitive for him that's why we agreed on keeping it secret and acting like bros at school. He's my boyfriend though, don't think that I'm taking any advantage over Jimin, I would never..." Jungkook avoided Hoseok's gaze becoming so ashamed.

Of course you're misusing him for Mr. Jeon's pleasures, you're lying to him, deceiving him, playing someone you are not and when he finds out he will hate you forever, shouted the voice at the back of his head.

"Please don't tell anyone, I don't want them to call Jimin names," Jungkook looked up at Hoseok who nodded briefly.

"I will keep an eye on you Yeo, there's something extremely fishy about you," Hoseok tossed him one last gloomy glance then stormed up the corridor leaving him with the chaos in his heart and head.

The day had passed in an eye blink, Jimin was mostly lying in bed thinking about how miserable his life is, ignoring texts from Mr. Jeon, ignoring calls and texts from Jungkook. When his mum saw him this morning she immediately called the school telling them he won't come, she even wanted to take him to a doctor but he refused crawling to his room to suffer in loneliness. It was damn harder than he has ever thought to distance himself from Mr. Jeon, to cut off all contact, as he was missing him insanely, couldn't find rest or sleep last night, tossing and turning in bed, mostly crying into the pillow, so after almost 24 hours of that peril Jimin was exhausted, completely strengthless and over.

The knocking on his door raised all hair on his body.

"Mum I'm too tired to eat," he wrapped himself even deeper into the blanket.

The door crackled and he sighed seeing his mother coming inside.

"A classmate came to see you, put something over your pajamas and be thankful someone takes his time to come here!" She shouted.

Thank you so much for your feedback and love. I hope you have enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Hoseok's conversation with Jungkook? Who has come to visit Jimin?

Much <3