Chapter 2

"Harry w-what are you?.. What can't you do?" I ask in to the phone, sitting up more in the chair, trying desperately to not wake the baby. My eyes scan the living room. So barren, I made him take the nice furniture back to his Nan's because I knew she didn't really want me to have it. There was only a coffee table and a TV and a rug other than a tiny red patterned love seat and the fire place.

The line is silent again and all my mind can do is what it wanted to. All the feelings fueling a fire in my soul. All the lonely nights. All the times I had to fight death by myself.. With no help. All the times I just wanted to tell him something funny I saw on TV but I couldn't call him or text or anything a normal couple could do.

"I can't live like this anymore savannah... I can't do this anymore." his voice cracked at the end and i only blinked. Putting me through all of this but he's the one that can't do it anymore? I tried to fight the anger I knew was building inside of me. it was hard for him.

"Yes you can harry... y-you can do it... You've always done it.. You're strong.." I tried. I didn't have enough gumption in my self to give advice if I couldn't even help myself. My voice evidentially being a little loud because the baby started to shift in my arms and i silently cursed myself for not whispering. Harry wasn't speaking but I could hear his breath on the receiver. I wished I could feel it on my skin. I wished I could breathe it in. I wished I could say something right. I closed my eyes and quietly, "I love you.." My lips said.

I do love him. I have always and will always love him but I probably shouldn't. Someone selfish enough to chose his career over his family and act like he is the victim. But I do love him. "You know that? Hmm?" I couldn't help the falter in my voice as the lump in my throat multiplied in size by the second. I tried to swallow it down but there was no use.

He still didn't answer. My feet nervously rubbing against each other as I bite my lip, fighting myself so I won't cry. "Harry say something... don't you know that I love you? that I need you.. that darcy needs you.." i add, the fire inside only raging bigger, my eyes proving the temperature of the fire as tears threaten to spill. Why would he call if he didn't want to speak?

"Harry please?" I add and suddenly there's a tiny cough erupting from the baby. I look down to check on her quickly and to my surprise, she's staring up at me. I quickly wipe the worried look off of my face and replace it with a smile so I won't scare her.

"Was that darcy?" Harrys voice rumbles thru the phone and I nod like he could hear me before answering that it is her. I pull the phone from my ear and click the tiny speaker button, sitting the baby up and holding my cracked iPhone to her hands. I fail to hide the small sob that escapes my lips at my next words as I say "talk to your baby harry... let your little girl know it's okay."

His voice is somewhat muffles on speaker but he manages out a "hi darcy baby... it's daddy.." his voice is quiet but we can hear. "say hi darcy" I try to smile at her and she only stares at me. "she can say hi harry.." I sniffle and laugh lightly. "she's just a little shy.."

"Erm.." he sniffles, not knowing what he can say or what he should say. "I'm gonna see you soon okay? I.. i promise.." He says. I reach down to wipe some dry flakes of Darcy's breakfast from her cheek but an interrupted when Harry says my name.

"Uh yea?" I ask, picking the phone back up and holding it to my ear, turning it off of speaker. Darcy's tiny fingers reach up to play with the locket on my neck and i scoop hair from my face as I stare at the window, waiting for him to answer.

His hesitation tells me he's probably side tracked by something while we r on the phone. I can't help but imagine him with another girl. "Can I come home?" He asks under his breath, he probably saw my answer coming.

"Harry I don't think that's a good Id-" I start but he stops me. "it'll be fine... we need to talk..." He says and I bite my lip. Those words are the scariest ones I've heard since I was told I couldn't live with my parents anymore.

Darcy pulls on my necklace and I bend down lightly so she won't break it and I gulp lightly. "okay..."

"Well I gotta go.. can i tell her bye?" He asks and I put the phone back on speaker.

"Say bye dar- darcy.. you're gonna break my necklace.." i state "hang on harry.." i say, setting my phone down as I try to pry my locker charm from her fingers. I only fail and it pops open, the tiny picture of harry inside falling on to Darcy's shirt and her tiny fingers pick it up. "darcy.. dear lord child.. sorry h-" i try to apologize to him but am abruptly stopped as a smile is carved on Darcy's face as she stares at the picture of her father, her tiny fingers prodding at it.

"Harry I wish you could see this.." I giggle lightly. "Who's that Darce? You knew who that is?" I ask her and she just looks up at me, holding out the little heart shaped picture for me to see. "that's daddy.." I say, harry in the background of our moment asking what's going on over the phone. "say.. Dah... Dee.." I try and she looks up at me puzzled. her little eyes brows knitting together in confusion like Harry's do. " daddy.." I try again and she looks at the picture and at the phone that is playing harrys confused questions before he finally gives up and waits. "say it.."

"Darcy.." Harry says in a happy voice and she looks at the phone, a tiny smile curling in her slobbery mouth. "say daddy.. dah... dee..." he tries and she laughs, looking up at me.

"Ah.. bee!!" She squeals and i laugh loudly, harry laughing too over the speaker and she just stares at me confused.

"Close enough haha.." I say and Harry tells me he has to go as he always does. "alright bye ah-bee.. love you..." i try and finally for the first time in 7 months he says. "I love you more.."