5: Third Time's the Charm #1

A/N: Hi guys, sorry for the delay in posting this chapter - I was bit unwell. As promised, here's a double update to make up for the long gap. So, I noticed how a lot of people are confused about the true mates theory in this fic, hopefully this update will clear up those doubts for you. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!

>*<*>*<

"–then he took me to an aquarium for our first date after literally sweeping me off my feet and now we're getting married the next month! Isn't it amazing how all this started because I forgot to take my scent blockers and nearly lost my footing on a wet surface?"

An auburn haired woman in a stylish knee-length yellow floral dress is excitedly narrating the first meeting with her mate and the proposal while her two friends are listening raptly. Mew clearing the table next to theirs cannot help overhearing snippets of their conversation, especially when the ladies enthusiastically offer her 'congratulations' and start gushing over the classy engagement ring on her finger. There is something about her story though that mildly feels familiar to the omega but he cannot put a finger on it.

Mew picking up the used cups and plates is still trying to figure out the niggling sensation that he's forgetting something when one of the engaged lady's friend in a grey pan-suit speaks with a haughty tone.

"Of course, this happy outcome is destined from the moment you guys met. After all, you both are true mates and that takes precedence over any potential mate candidates either of you were seeing. Thus, P'Nam had no right to throw a fit at Cherry for getting dumped. He should have let her go without resorting to the drama of whining and trying to change Cherry's mind, and losing his dignity in the process. It's pathetic really, getting in the way of true mates and their happiness."

Sneaking a peek, the startled omega slows his movements taking in her harsh comments with a skeptical frown. He can tell based on her snobbish attitude, rigid views and posturing, this lady in grey is clearly an alpha. Not that Mew believes all alphas are stuck-up assholes, (although in his experience most of them do tend to be that way to a certain degree with few rare exceptions) but he also strongly disagrees with everything this person is saying in such a matter-of-fact manner.

The remaining woman in their group dressed casually in black ripped jeans and a blue jacket (most likely a beta, Mew thinks, judging by the composed demeanor and down-to-earth vibes) is far more reasonable and kind in her approach of this topic as she gently refutes her friend.

"Gigi, that's not fair to P'Nam and you know it. I'm not saying anybody is at fault here but Cherry could have been more...er, understanding and patient when breaking the news to Phi. I mean, look at things from P'Nam's point of view. Everything is going great with his relationship until his girlfriend of four years breaks up with him out of blue, stating she met her true mate. Can anyone really blame him for wanting to hold onto and work on their bond? I mean, his confusion and resistance is relatable. It is hard to imagine someone choosing a total stranger they've just met over their partner of four years; simply because of an ingrained chemical response stating they are a better match."

Mew absentmindedly nods his head, respect and good opinion on this P'Pearl soaring high by the end of her statement. The smiling omega knew he instantly liked the woman for a reason.

"You say you're not blaming anyone here Pearl, but that's exactly how it sounds to me. I don't expect you to 'get it' since you haven't even met a potential mate yet, let alone your true match. But trust me, when you do then you'll understand why I immediately left P'Nam after meeting P'Tan. The difference is similar to winning the actual prize over settling for a consolation offering. It- it's as though, I finally found the person who makes me whole...the other half of my soul, my soulmate. This feeling is indescribable and can only be experienced when you meet the destined one for you."