twenty-three

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, two weeks since I last saw Liam and I found myself seating across the table from Giovanna and three other strangers in a small coffee shop, downtown of Brooklyn.

"Lolo?" I looked up to see four pairs of eyes staring straight at me and quickly, I shoved my phone back inside my purse.

"Sorry." I mumbled and took a small sip from my cup of hot cocoa.

"Who was that you were texting?" Giovanna asked, propped her chin in her hand boringly while her elbow resting on the table.

"A boyfriend?" Alisha smirked, eying me mischievously.

"I thought you said you're single!" Penelope shrilled and Kyle began shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

Alisha, Penelope and Kyle were Giovanna's new besties from college. They met through the buddy program of the university and Giovanna thought it would be a great idea for get to know them too. Just in case something happened with Giovanna, I'd know who to contact.

"It's just my mom." I mumbled, uninterestingly. I was never good at lying and nobody knew that better than Giovanna.

"Liar." She huffed, "Seriously, Lo. Who is it? Every time I look at you nowadays, you were either grinning like an idiot to your phone or typing a shit ton of paragraphs on your text message."

I groaned, throwing my head back and crossed my arms over my chest. I looked at Alisha, Penelope and Kyle and they all were already staring at me.

It's your one hell of a brother, Gi.

I wanted to say that so badly but couldn't.

That's right. It was Liam who had been keeping me occupied on my phone for the past two weeks and also, the past twenty seconds before I got caught.

It had became like a routine for both of us nowadays where we wouldn't go a day without sending exchanging short messages with one another. Ever since the day Liam left to Spain, I would wake up to a text from him, asking me about my day and telling briefly me about his. We then continued to send a couple of texts throughout the day. Sometimes, he even asked me to send him a photo of what I was doing which I easily did. Though, first few times I did it, it made me cringe so badly but then slowly, the bad habit was growing on me ike a happy accident.

I would say a lot had changed within the past fourteen days. Liam and I had became more much closer certainly. I had never gone a day without hearing from him, his day and his work. I hated to admit it but he had fast become my new favorite human being.

"...so who's in?" Again, I wasn't listening to what the four of them were saying and had to look over at Giovanna, begging her silently through my glance for help.

"Me and London." She replied for the both of us and I frowned.

My stomach did a double flip upon seeing how excited Alisha got after hearing Giovanna's answer so I couldn't help but ask.

"Who's in what?"

Alisha was wild. The first thing I remembered hearing her say to Giovanna when we first met was how she wanted to get under either one of Giovanna's brothers and did unspeakable things to them.

Right, you usually don't say that to the people whom you just met but that didn't seem to bother Alisha, not even for a teeny, tiny bit. So my point exactly? If there was anything at all that could get Alisha that exhilarated, it could neither be typical nor orthodox in sense.