ii. keeping secrets and its trials

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 ─── keeping secrets and its trials

[ Kamea ]

"𝔊ood afternoon, Katie." Kamea didn't even need to look up from her seat to know that her younger sister had stomped into the cabin. She continued to regrow the withering plants around the outer flower beds of her cabin. "What's got you all ruffled up? You seem stressed?"

The younger girl stomped over, slumping down beside Kamea, content to watch her sister help the area around her regrow. It had come under fire from a poisonous arrow that an Apollo kid had shot at them by accident.

"You're troubled. What's gone wrong?"

"I'm not. Nothing." Kamea stopped what she was doing, raising an eyebrow. The plants withered around Katie, as Kamea turned to look at the younger girl.

"You very clearly are, Bumble." Katie huffed again at the nickname, as Kamea brushed her jeans off and lead the smaller girl into the cabin. "You can tell me anything. I won't tell anyone else."

"It's stupid." Kamea threw her gardening gloves into her trunk, before starting to water the remainder of the plants around the room.

"It's not stupid if it makes you so upset." Katie sighed again, before faceplanting onto her bed as Kamea ran a hand through her hair and waited for the girl to speak.

"Damien was flirting with Annabeth. It was right in front of me. Again." Kamea nodded her head, sighing slightly as she turned to her sister. The poor girl had a crush on Damien Lebedev, the son of Aphrodite, but he didn't reciprocate it in the slightest, head over heels for Annabeth Chase, the daughter of Athena.

Katie was trying to work out how to get over her first crush, and unfortunately that meant also having to learn how to deal with jealousy. It was a long, long process, but one that was desperately needed for every teen to go through.

"How could he?"

"Bumble..." Kamea patted the seat next to her. "Remember what we talked about, Darling. He's not dating you, as unfortunate as it is and I know that hurts."

"I know. I just..."

"If you talk to Damien, I'm sure he wouldn't do that in front of you until you feel more comfortable." Kamea pointed out. "Damien's a nice guy, but he doesn't have telepathy. He doesn't know that you like him, and so he can't know what he's doing wrong until you tell him."

Katie huffed, before her shoulders slumped.

"I don't want to tell him."

"Then you can't expect him not to flirt with Annabeth in front of you."