Hard Liquor

A/N: As noted by the title, alcohol use is present in this chapter. All characters are of age. Chapter 6 is on the longer side but it was a lot of fun :) enjoy  

She couldn't stop thinking about it.

How he had grabbed the tie, how he had delicately placed the pin on. How his fingertips slightly brushed against her before they left her. How close they were to her chest.

She felt so embarrassed, thinking of him touching her there. Thinking of her boss like that, all throughout the day.

She couldn't help it.

Every second of spare time in her mind was filled with the moment, playing on a loop like a broken record.

She was having a hard time at work, she couldn't concentrate. Not only was she in her mind thinking about that, but every time she tried to work, he was near. Cassandra caught herself glancing at him too often.

Maybe, just maybe, he looked at her too.

She couldn't focus.

A tugging at her hand snapped her out of it, looking down to the child.

Finally something else to focus on as she helped the child up onto the wall, testing their sticky trainers.

She was holding the little boy's hand making sure he was stable when George walked by, leaning over and whispering, "Atta girl" in her ear before continuing on.

A shiver raced down her spine from his breath fanning her neck. All hope of concentration was lost again as her mind wandered. She hadn't noticed the boy wanted down.

His mother came storming over, grabbing her boy from off the wall. "What in Merlin's name is wrong with you? Letting him try these! How dare you!" The lady snapped at her, clutching her child.

Cassandra wasn't sure what to say, she knew the protocol here, she knew that child was in no danger. "Mr. Weasley has—"

The vile woman cut her off, "Mr. Weasley? Yes, where are your bosses? I'd like to tell them how you treat your customers!" She spat, her face construed in a frown.

Cassandra whipped around, scanning for them, spotting Fred. "Oi! Um Fred!"

The woman scoffed and Cassandra corrected herself, "Erm.. Mr. Weasley!" She shouted to him.

He seemed puzzled as to why she had called him that but, he changed course, heading to her. He had opened his mouth to ask what was wrong but once he saw the mother, he knew.

"What seems to be the problem?" He asked politely while subtly hinting to George, grabbing his attention. George had climbed the stairs now and joined them, going to his brother's side, standing behind Cassandra.

The two men towered over her, each at her shoulders. Cassandra didn't know whether to feel relieved or uneasy.

"Ah yes there you are. You need to be informed of your employee, and how she endangered my child!"

The twins looked to each other with identical faces of confusion. Fred spoke, "And how did she endanger your child might I ask?"

"She let him use the sticky trainers! I saw her letting him walk up the bloody wall! He could have fallen!" She barked back, the wrinkles in her face protruding as her brows furrowed.

"Our lovely Cassandra would have never let him fall, miss. She was there to assist if he needed it but, the children are allowed to test our products," George came to her rescue.