42

The clock on her nightstand read 10:00 pm. Iris laid flat on her bed and stared at the high ceiling.

She didn't understand the feeling she got. He gut told her to get up. Was it a quirk? Was it something she ate? Drank, maybe? She was surprised, because for the first time in her life, nothing forced her to get out of the sheets but herself. Truly strange. To think her will was strong enough to actually get out and be productive. Her brain still wasn't able to cope up, so she just went with the flow.

Iris made her way to the lab to collect her costume, which they had kept just in case some modifications were to be made. All of a sudden, she felt a threatening presence behind her. It's arm was ready to attack, possibly kill. She blindly pivoted, instantly facing the attacker,grabbing its wrist and pointing her dagger at it.

"Nice reflexes! Just checking if you got enough sleep."

"Oh, it's you Haruki, good evening~"

"Of course it's me, nobody is gonna jump on you here, don't worry." She gave her partner a hearty pat on the back. "Didn't need anyone to wake you up, huh? Told ya."

"It's really weird, because usually, I'm a lazy piece of shit with no purpose that won't get out of bed unless I'm forced to~"

"Ha! You're gonna be able to answer that yourself later. Everyone has a different reason, can't really give ya an answer. The fact that it's nighttime might play a part, you don't look very tired."

"Yeah, because I stay up until 3am doing whatever~"

"Damn, okay. Come on, get your suit on, we got ourselves a mission."

"Okay~"

~~~~~

Oculus and Haruki were on the night city's floor in an alleyway not far from a bustling area. "Alrighty then, let's do something cool, shall we?"

"Depends on what you call fun~"

"I've never shown you a bad time, now have I?"

"Nope~"

"Of course it's fun, you're with me. Let me ask you a question. Crowded city, very little light, lots of people, and this is all happening on the floor, right? You also have a flashy quirk and my appearance attracts attention. What do you think we should do? We're trying to avoid being seen."

"Please tell me we get to run across the buildings~"

"Spot on! Okay, do your best, turn off your quirk, put on your hood and mask, then..." Haruki used her feline legs to leap onto one of the balcony railings. "Jump!"

"Don't have to tell me twice!" Iris scaled the building and followed her instructor. Haruki helped her up onto the roof. "We can't waste time now! Come on!" Iris ran by her partner's side, jumping from building to building. She enjoyed the sight, just like those first flights with Hawks and Tokoyami. She also noticed that she noticed more of her surroundings without the beaming light of her aura.

The pair raced to a tall bridge and hung off the edge, brooding over the city with the wind blowing in their faces. Yes, the cliche anti-hero movie kind of brooding, like Batman. Iris was having a bit of trouble standing on the thin metal bars and held on to whatever was behind her. She actually almost tripped and had to be held back by Haruki. "Don't fall off now!" she teased.

"Yeah, yeah, got scared there for a moment, I heard falling is one of the wort ways to die..." Iris sighed, then what she said just hit her. "Fuck, I'm dumb."

"Huh? What's up?"

"...I can fly."

"Haha! I guess I can count on you to catch me then!"