Chapter 64: Alex's Wallet

my brothers

"I'll never forgive her for what she did to us. Getting us expelled. Humiliating us."

"How's the whole Jayden thing going?"

"You should've seen the look on Evvy's face! But one thing that didn't sit right with me was how she glared at me. That little shit thinks she can stand up to me?"

"I guess it's finally time."

"She's gonna be so excited to see you again."

my brothers
- e v a n n a -

"Ev, can we talk?" Taylor asked over the phone. "Hey... I wanted to reapologize. Last time it was a bad place and I couldn't say everything I wanted."

"Apologize for what?"

"The whole... bullying thing. I'm sorry. I was just worried about you and I haven't seen you in years so when I heard about what happened... It upset me because I didn't know you were going through that much."

"I understand why. Anyone would've been upset. A lot of people were upset when I forgave them too. I don't blame you," I said.

"You guys are completely okay now, right?"

"Yeah. They're my closest friends now."

"Okay. I see why you don't like it when people bring it up. You've already moved on and it makes you and the rest uncomfortable when they bring it back... I guess it's something all of you would want to forget."

"Thanks for understanding," I said gratefully. Talking to Taylor was a nice way to forget about everything that just happened downstairs. "I wish... Matthew was like you."

"You haven't talked to him?"

"No. I don't want to talk to him either. The whole 'the kiss was a mistake'— I don't want to think about it."

"Did anything happen when you went home? Did Jayden say anything?"

Resentment and hatred filled me again. "He's pissed at me because I don't like the fact that he's dating my middle school bully. Does he want me to be okay with it? What does he want from me?"

"Did it seem like he was dating her because he wanted to? Or any deeper reason?"

"He was getting defensive over it, I don't know. He... He grabbed my arm and..." I sighed. "I don't understand why he's mad at me. Even going as far as to hurt me physically because now I have a bruise on my arm."

"Does it still hurt? How hard did he grab you?"

"You know how he gets when he's angry. Of course it hurts..."

"This really isn't like him," Taylor muttered. "I'll try talking to him... I'll ask around too. I'll see if I can find anything. Do you want to try and figure it out with him first?"

"I don't know. I don't care. I'm mad at him and I don't want to talk to him. I don't want to think about him either. If he's going to date her he might as well just never talk to me."