Chapter 27 - Research and Reunions

Three weeks. 

Three whole weeks without Loki. Just waiting. Waiting for word from Thor. For a lead. Any lead on Amora. 

You shift your position on the library floor, uncrossing your legs to let the blood flow back to the leg that has fallen asleep. 

You aren't particularly interested in any of the stories on the shelves. Most of them you can't read anyway. You picked the first one in English, a tome of Norse Mythology, and settle into a corner.

It's the smell of the library. The quiet. The feel of the pages beneath your fingers. It's these things that bring you comfort.

They remind you of Loki. 

And they bring you a fraction of comfort in your tired, sore, and lonely body.

Flipping through the pages of the massive tome, your eyes skim the pages as they grow heavy. You have a fleeting thought that you should return to your bed - you can't sleep for a third night on the library floor. But you're losing the fight to stay awake. 

Until you see it. 

Odin Borson, Allfather, is a great magician among the gods, and is dedicated to the protection of heroes.

Your adrenaline surges as you being reading about Odin. Suddenly wide awake, you devour page after page, reading about Odin's past, his conquests, and eventually, his children. You know at least half of it to be false. But there is one name in particular that catches your attention.

Flölsviðr. The Much-Wise One.

"My dear?"

Frigga's voice from the middle of the room startles you.

"Oh...Frigga, I'm sorry I-I was just-"

"Peace, child," Frigga says, looking at the stacks of books strewn haphazardly around. "I see that your heart aches for my son," she say sadly, looking at the minor destruction you've caused.

"I'm sorry, Frigga. I promise I'll get it all cleaned up."

"Worry not dear," Frigga says, holding a hand out to you.

You rise from the floor and take her hand, which she threads through her arm as she begins to guide you from the library. 

In the lantern-lit halls accentuated by the moonlight, Frigga guides you through the palace, walking slowly, no particular destination in mind.

"I've never had the opportunity to thank you for your patience and dedication to my son, Y/n. I know of none other than myself who have ever shown him such devotion."