Chapter 16

Thanks to the pills Nial gave me, my heat only lasted two days before it faded away to nothing more than an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach.

My mother had asked me multiple times if it was really a smart idea to go to school already but I just had to go.

I needed to know how Harry was doing, I needed to see him.

Just as my mother was about to ask me again a car honk was heard outside.

'That's probably Liam mom,he is picking me up today to go to school together.'

After giving my mom a quick kiss on her cheek, I grabbed my bag and ran out the door to Liam's car.

Once in the car I greeted Liam and Niall before we drove off to school.

During the entire car ride I kept asking them about Harry and how he was doing but they wouldn't tell me anything.

The closer we got to school my anxiety seemed to be soaring through the roof,was Harry okay?

Thinking back I noticed I only worried about Harry the entire time, the thought of Michael being injured didn't cross my mind at all.

I kept telling myself it was because I had known Harry for a while now while essentially I didn't know Michael at all, but I knew this wasn't true.

We arrived at school about half an hour to forty minutes later and once we drove into the parking lot I immediately spotted Harry's car, so he was at school then.

As soon as Liam had parked the car I practically jumped out of it, to think I would ever leave a car this fast on school grounds.

Looking around I spotted Zayn and Rose standing at our usual spot under the tree, Glancing left of Zayn I spotted Harry.

As soon as I saw Harry I raced off, leaving Niall and Liam to laugh at how excited I was.

Truth is I wasn't excited at all, the only thing racing through my mind was to make sure Harry was okay.

'Hey Lou.' Zayn spoke up as soon as he spotted me, causing Harry to look up as well.

I was shocked at what I saw, Harry had bruises all over his face that looked rather painful.

'Harry I.... I'm.' I whispered as tears started pouring down my face.

Soon enough I was clinging onto Harry's arm, the guild I felt from seeing Harry like this physically hurting me.

Harry's point of view

'Hey Lou' Zayn spoke up, causing me to look up as well.

I heard Louis gasp as soon as our eyes met but I couldn't quite place his emotions.

'Harry I.... I'm' he whispered softly before he began to cry.

He stepped forward clinging onto my arm as his crying grew more intense.

I sighed as I wrapped my arms around his petite vorm while whispering soothing words into his ear.

It seemed like I did that a lot ever since I met him but I didn't mind at all.

'It's my fault isn't it? Harry I'm so sorry I didn't mean too... He and I... I didn't know what to do.'

'It's not your fault at all Lou. I was the one that chose to fight. I got mad at him for what he did to you. I.. I got mad at him for touching you. I was the one that was supposed to touch you and be with you not him!' I spoke up, growling out the last words as my anger came back at the memories of that night.

I heard Louis gasp as he looked up at me, only then did I realize what I had said.

Nerves started to build in the pit of my stomach but it was too late to take it back now.

'You... Harry, do you like me?' Louis asked, suddenly looking very serious.

'I euhm, yeah I do Louis. I like you a lot.' I spoke up, carefully studying Louis's face for any reaction or emotion.

It remained silent for what felt like ages before Louis spoke up again.

'I like you too Harry, a lot actually. But I'm scared, I have never felt anything like this before.' Louis whispered softly, playing with his fingers as he avoided looking at me.

'It's alright Louis, we can take it as slow as you want. We have a whole life ahead of us, we don't have to mate or do anything you don't want to do until you're ready. For now I'm just really glad you like me too.' I whispered softly, tilting Louis's head with my fingers to look into those beautiful blue eyes I had grown to love so much.