Chapter 17

Harry's point of view

Louis and I were happily chatting away in the car on the way to my house.

I had asked him to come over after classes today because my parents were dying to meet the person I haven't managed to shut up about for the past couple of weeks.

Driving into our street I noticed red and blue lights flashing, coming from down the road.

The further we got down the road the more I realised those lights were coming from police cars stationed on the driveway of my parents house.

Immediately my mind wandered off to my sister.

Was Gemma okay, did she come home?

I guess there was only one way to find out and that was to walk into the house and see what was going on.

Hesitantly Louis and I got out of the car, walking up to the front door.

I carefully opened the door and walked inside, Louis following closely behind me as he held onto my arm.

Muffled voices were coming from around the corner, where the kitchen was located.

Just as I was about to walk into the kitchen I felt a pull on my arm,turning around I noticed Louis had stopped dead in his tracks, staring at something in front of us.

Turning back around I realised why Louis had stopped walking, leaning against the wall beside the kitchen entrance was none other than my sister.

Immediately I put up my guard, Pushing Louis behind me and getting ready to attack if needed.

When Gemma didn't move at all I was confused, that is until I studied her closer.

Her clothes were torn, cuts and bruises littering her entire body as she stood there against the wall shaking.

Just as I was about to walk up to her worried about what happened to her, my mother walked out of the kitchen.

As soon as she spotted us she tried to smile but I could still see the pain in her eyes.

My mother took all three of us back into the kitchen, where a group of police officers was still talking to my dad.

After a brief introduction as to who we were, we all sat down around the kitchen table.

Feeling Louis's distress practically radiating off of him I instinctively pulled him into my lap to keep him safe.

Louis immediately cuddled up against my chest before a very long afternoon of hidden truths and dangers began.

The police officers asked some questions as to what had happened that day, directed at Louis and I.

After giving our explanations about that day the police officers glanced at Gemma.

One of the officers, a very nice looking beta woman asked Gemma If she wanted to tell us what really happened that day.

Gemma stayed silent for a while, her eyes shifting around the room fast as if she was looking for something.

She looked absolutely terrified sitting there shaking, what in the world could have happened to her these past weeks?

Eventually Gemma's eyes landed on Louis, taking a deep breath before she spoke up.

Gemma explained that a man had approached her about a month and a half ago asking her to help him with something.

At first Gemma just wanted to walk away but then she explained that the man started threatening her.