Chapter 28

Zayn's point of view

The day after the party Harry held to celebrate our graduation I woke up with a massive hangover, my ears still buzzing from the music and cheers.

Managing to roll myself out of bed I slowly made my way to the bathroom, grabbing some painkillers and downing them with some water.

After the headache subsided a little I took a quick shower and got dressed.

When I was done I carefully made my way downstairs to make some breakfast, not wanting to wake up Rose who was still fast asleep.

Once in the kitchen I scavenged through the fridge and cabinets, eventually settling on making some fresh pressed orange juice and some sandwiches.

Just as I was finishing the sandwiches, Rose walked into the room, kissing my cheek and mumbling a good morning before she sat down at the kitchen island.

Knowing Rose was even less of a morning person than I was, I just handed her a plate and a glass of juice before sitting down beside her,eating in silence so she could fully wake up.

After breakfast I went onto my laptop in search of a job, not much later I found a job application from a tattoo shop.

Deciding to take a chance and go for it I sent in my application.

Not even an hour after my phone rang, the owner of the tattoo shop called to invite me to a job interview later that afternoon.

I agreed to meet him at his tattoo shop at four that afternoon before I hung up the phone and started getting ready.

I put on some decent clothes and quiffed my hair, since we had breakfast at lunchtime it was already time for me to leave for the interview as soon as I was done with my hair.

I gave Rose a quick kiss before I grabbed my keys and left the house.

The job interview itself went by fairly fast.

They made me do some sketches and tattoo a puppet, after that the owner and one of his employees went to the back room to have a quick discussion.

After they came back the owner told me aI was hired and after signing the contract and discussing some details I was all set to go home again.

I said goodbye to the owner Luca and the other employee Jackson before I went home, knowing I would start my first day of work tomorrow.

Arriving at home Rose had already finished making dinner so I put the keys in the bowl next to the door and sat down at the kitchen table.

After dinner we cuddled up on the couch, watching some random tv shows as I told her about the new job I got in more detail.

She smiled and congratulated me before she told me that the company her best friend worked at had hired her too.