Chapter 11: For the first time

CHAPTER 11

Li Zixi calmly brought her things, found an empty seat and sat down. She opened her paper and looked at it again. What Chen Yan would say, she knew it was nothing more than what happened during the filming of the Qing Palace drama some time ago. Li Zixi has always felt that people are not jealous of mediocrity so they love to talk.

  Besides, a loser says they're the winner and doing so can only make them appear lower.

  When the defense instructor came in, everyone went forward to draw lots. They began the defense in turn after. In the first round, the instructor will point out the good and bad points in their paper and then ask some questions for the students to step down and think. After all the students have finished the first round of defense, the next round is for the students to answer the questions raised by the teacher.

  In the first round, Li Zixi was evaluated by the instructor. Such as, the paper was too simple and lacking in depth. Another example, the paper is too old and not innovative. However, there are also places to be praised. For instance, the English abstract was well translated and the format of the paper is perfect.

  Li Zixi accepted the instructor's criticism with a smile. The instructor who criticized her was a little surprised at her performance. He had taught Li Zixi, he pretty much understands this student's temperament—aloof and unsociable. Unexpectedly, he hasn't seen her in a few months and already has changed so much. But he didn't say anything. After all, the entertainment industry is a complicated place. After many students went there, they became different person.

  The English abstract was re-translated by herself. The previous version was probably translated directly online, much like a literal translation. It is completely different from formal English. One Chinese word corresponds to one English word.

  For Li Zixi, who has just returned from studying abroad, it is simply unbearable. She translated the abstract in less than half an hour.

  As for the format problem, it is entirely a sequela from her thesis writing. The professor she talked to abroad was very demanding, especially in terms of format. The professor said that they don't care about reading a person's paper. First, look at her format. If the format is not correct, there's no need to read the content of the paper. Most of it is sloppy. As the saying goes, details determine success or failure.

  Therefore, Li Zixi also attaches great importance to this point. She has different major from the original owner, she can't do anything about the content. But she can still change the format such as punctuation, spacing between paragraphs, format of references, etc.

  When Li Zixi stepped down, she felt the looks of different people from different directions besides Chen Yan.

  Probably everyone thinks she is different. It doesn't matter. People who went out to society will change, especially the *big dye tank that is the entertainment industry. Therefore, everyone just glanced at her curiously and then looked back on their own paper.

[*big dye tank – probably refers to the entertainment circle as somewhere many innocent and naive get tainted along the way]

  After the defense was over, the instructors left first. The class monitor said that he will take a graduation photo of them later so everyone sat in the classroom for a while and waited for the bachelor's uniform to be borrowed.

  Graduation is about to happen soon and everyone may not see each other again for a long time. So, many people gathered together to chat.

  Li Zixi has no friends—neither does the original body, nor does she have. She swiped Weibo with her mobile phone alone. As a result, just like this, some people don't want her to live in peace. She was using Weibo for only two minutes when she heard someone chatting out loud and the content was related to her.