Chapter 91: Covenantor (XIV)

Yue Xuan was brought back to the isolation chamber, Madam Chang immediately threw herself beside him, held his face, and tensely asked, "Little Xuan, how are you?"

Yue Xuan looked at Madam Chang with a frozen expression, not saying a word.

Tears flowed from Madam Chang's eyes as she spoke with a tremor in her voice, "They really operated on you? Little Xuan, please tell mother it's not true?"

Yue Xuan still didn't say a word. His eyes were lifelessly still; like a stagnant pool of water, they held no sense of vitality.

Madam Chang's heart ached endlessly at the sight, and she screamed like a mad woman to those outside, "Lu Xiufan, you've selfishly acted without authority; Yue Family and Chang Family will absolutely seek justice from you!"

Lu Xiufan stood outside the chamber, watching on indifferently, his face devoid of any expression.

At that moment, his communication device rang, the caller being one of the bodyguards he'd hired for Shang Ke.

Lu Xiufan answered and after only listening to a couple of words, his expression became especially terrifying. He immediately turned, collecting his guards and emitting immense killing intent.

While under his protection, Shang Ke had actually encountered such danger! Lu Xiufan's body tensed, like a hungry animal preparing to bite someone. The surrounding guards were so frightened they didn't even dare to breathe.

Lu Xiufan jumped into a hover car, and upon searching for Shang Ke's geolocation, discovered that he'd already driven at high speed towards the outskirts of the city; this speed clearly already exceeded a normal driver's abilities; speeds a normal person would not be able to endure for nearly so long.

Lu Xiufan's face grew darker as he quickly flew towards Shang Ke's location with his guards.

Though he was driving as fast as he could, it would still take him an hour to catch up.

Ahead of him, Shang Ke's hover car flew over the surface of the lake in a Z-formation; the car steadily remaining three to five meters above the lake. The water in the lake was criss crossed with waves from the speeding car, with a man floating in the center. Lu Xiufan quickly pulled close without any doubt that it was Shang Ke.

However, the fact that a man had been able to escape the car indicated that Shang Ke had already thought of a way to rescue himself.

Lu Xiufan delivered the man from the middle of the lake to the guards, then focused all of his attention on Shang Ke and the hover car he was driving.

At this point, Shang Ke was so dizzy from motion-sickness he didn't notice Lu Xiufan's arrival; he could only concentrate on setting the flight trajectory over the lake. He looked all over for empty space where he wouldn't have to worry about running into any obstacles.

He'd originally planned to evacuate the car; however, since Yurian had completely passed out in the back seat, if he evacuated, Yurian would die for sure. Blood seeped out from Shang Ke's orifices and a splitting headache hammered his brain, he simply could not calm down his mind to properly think.

"Little Ze, jump!" Just then, he heard a familiar voice yelling in the distance.

Shang Ke's spirit was shaken awake, and he saw through a mist of blood the blurry outlines of cars.

Lu Xiufan was here!

"Little Ze, hurry, jump!" Lu Xiufan could clearly see Shang Ke sitting in the driver's seat through his remote monitoring system. A few lines of blood stood out shockingly on Shang Ke's ashen face, his eyes were red, like bloodstained gems; beads of sweat mixed with blood, smudging the edges of his vision with a bloody fog. Seeing such a desperate and demonic appearance, Lu Xiufan's heart ached with the desire to rush up and rescue him.