Chapter 98: Becoming Your God (I)

【Additional Mission 2 Completed: Analyze the components of the brain repair serum and use it to create a drug that can extend the lifespan of covenanters.】

【Congratulations to the host for successfully completing three missions. Host obtains three times the reward. Constitution +7 (+1+2), Memory +10 (+4+3), Spiritual Power +10 (+5+5), Beauty +15 (+3+4), Life Span +5 (+1+2). The numbers in parentheses are rewards from the additional missions.】

【You can also choose two other skills to learn.】

Shang Ke was too lethargic to exchange "feelings" with the System. He thus went through the skill list. He was happy to notice that the magic skill was lit up along with forging.

Without hesitation, Shang Ke chose these two skills before heading over to the Hundred Training Space....

The learning period that offered an overlay of the skills passed by quickly. After learning these skills, he began his journey to a new world.

Even though he already understood how deceptive the System was, it always ended up exceeding his expectations.

Shang Ke transmigrated and found that he had turned into a statue. That's right! He'd become a statue of a god!

It wasn't just that he'd become a statue of a god, but he'd become a statue of an 'evil' god.

The people of this world believed in many different gods. They built statues and temples dedicated to them. Year-round, they made offerings to them in exchange for their blessings. Men were the original creators of these gods. They built these statues from metal models before they were sent to the soul-refining pool. After eighty days had passed, the golden statue's precious body became an embodiment of these Gods.

Their faith in the model would turn them spiritual. Their emotions invested in creating these models would give them a soul. Their desires would create its body. With enough feelings, emotions, and desire, the statue would transform into a corporeal god. While the continent of Scom had many statues, they didn't have as many corporeal gods. Becoming a corporeal god was the sign of their nearing death and the peak of their power.

Corporeal gods were the creation of men and their destruction would also be caused by men.

Shang Ke transformed into a statue of a god by the name of 'Unos.' It was created by a barbaric clan whose beliefs revolved around slaughter and murder. They wanted to utilize the power of this Evil God in order to take over other clans. It was with the blessings of the Evil God that they were able to conquer other clans and become infamous. Their savage actions eventually led to their downfall, and they were obliterated by the War God's worshippers.

Even with the destruction of the barbaric clan, Evil God Uno could not be destroyed. He was both loathed and feared by humanity. They all distanced themselves from Mount Altia where his statue resided. From that point on, no one came to receive his blessings.

Thus, the Temple of the Evil God was ignored by humans for a thousand years. As time went on, the one lonely temple on Mount Altia started to erode.

As long as no one destroyed the statue of a god, the tiny bit of its spirit within the statue would last for all eternity even with no worshippers. However, he was unable to leave past the temple. Therefore, he was confined to this small area.

Shang Ke knew that it wouldn't be long before the Shu Clan would migrate from their homes to this place. They wouldn't have much education so they would not know the legends of the Evil God. Therefore, they would mistakenly assume that he was a Mountain God and they would put their faith in him.