Chapter 25

Leah POV

"He's kind of very hot!" Sage exclaims.

I knew this would be a mistake.

I decided to call Sage today, not only out of boredom but because I genuinely missed her. I hate not being able to be there to see her in person. I hate to say it but I do really miss her teasing me at work and showing up randomly at the apartment to binge classic romantic comedies with me. And something I probably would never say out loud is that I miss her hugs.

I miss back home in general. I miss the cafe and having Sage and Finn there with me. I miss chatting with the usual customers. I miss driving back from work, taking the same way every time just see the beach on my side. I miss the familiarity of it all.

I called Sage to hopefully get a sense of that back. I decided to tell her about Aiden and I going out to eat for lunch, which she definitely couldn't just move past. "Sage you know, you're really not supposed to say that." I mumble.

"Why not?" she gasps through the speaker on my phone as I stare into the mirror, focusing on the curling iron as I wrap my hair around it. "Are you saying I can't because of Harry?"

"That might be something to factor in." I respond nonchalantly.

"Why?" she replies quickly without hesitation. I stand there for a moment, trying to come up with a response but before I can, she speaks up again. "I'm allowed to say he's hot, and so are you." she tells me.

I physically cringe at her words, my face scrunching up. "Number one, no I won't." I begin, shaking my head side to side. "Number two. Don't you have a wife? Should you not be calling other people hot?" I tease her.

I hear her scoff loudly over the phone. "Everyone who has ever met me knows how hard of a lesbian I am." she replies in a flat tone. "And Zoe knows I only have eyes for her. I'm complete and utterly whipped. She's not going to worry about me complimenting some man." she chuckles.

"I just don't get why it's him out of all men you're complimenting."

"Listen, I don't even know the guy. You say he's a dick and all I'm saying is, he looks like a hot dick." she replies, making me look down at the phone, seeing her shrug her shoulders, a small smile on her face. "Are you seriously going to tell me he isn't slightly attractive? He's kind of your type."

I look at her through the phone, my face falling flat at her last comment. I then look back up at the mirror, continuing to curl my hair. "Aiden is..." my voice fades out as I get lost in my thoughts. "Aiden." I finish, shaking my head side to side.

"Wow don't you know how to compliment someone. I'm sure you make him feel great." Sage drags out, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Shut up." I bite back, letting out a long sign. "I don't think of him that way. I can't. I mean, he isn't ugly or anything it's just-"

"You're still in love with Harry so you can't think of anyone that way." she interrupts me, her words making my actions halt. "I know, I know. You refuse to admit it to yourself. I won't bring it up since you'll just deny it anyway."

I stick my tongue out slightly, wetting my lips as I swallow hard. "So since you don't want to talk about Harry, even though I'm sure you need to, tell me about this Aiden guy. The last I heard he was a raging dick." she adds after a few moments of silence.

The silence was completely my fault.

I let out a small laugh as I shake my head side to side at her. "He is still very much a dick. That will never change.