𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗛

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗛 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗦
"𝖲𝗁𝖾'𝗌... 𝖽𝗂𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝗍."

—ON 31st OF JULY 1980, LILY POTTER NÉE EVANS WAS GIVING BIRTH

ON 31st OF JULY 1980, LILY POTTER NÉE EVANS WAS GIVING BIRTH. James Potter, her husband, was holding her hand, looking anxious and excited.

"One more push, Mrs. Potter." The nurse instructed, making Lily groan in pain.

The couple looked at each other as they heard a baby crying. The nurse cleaned the baby up and handed him to the mother, stopping and frowning when she noticed something.

"What is it?" James asked, afraid of what was happening.

The nurse smiled, "It seems like there's another baby—"

"Twins?" Lily asked in shock, "We didn't know-"

"It's quite alright, it's not unusual to not know." The nurse said.

"Two?!" asked Sirius in shock, who just came into the hospital room with his husband, Remus Black, pointing to the babies in his best friend's and his best friend's wife's hands.

James looked at the baby girl in confusion, "Yes, Padfoot. However, this baby doesn't look... like us."

"Surely you must be mistaken." said an angry Lily as she finally looked away from her baby boy. "How can she not look like us?"

"She's.. oh." James mumbled, eyes widening in shock when the girl in his arms opened her eyes.

She had Emerald Green eyes with dark brown hair and plump lips. Her aura was what made the Potter couple anxious. It was dark. It just felt dark to be around her...

"She's... different." Lily suddenly agreed, making the Black couple share a confused look. "Maybe.. we should.." She said, sharing a look with her husband.

James nodded, "I agree. Let's give her to an orphanage—"

"Are you mad?!" Remus cut his best friend off, "There's no way you're handing our goddaughter to a damn orphanage. More specifically a muggle one when it's clear she's going to be a powerful witch."

Lily hummed, getting an idea for later. "I agree with Remus, James. Let's give it a bit of time."

"What are their names?" Sirius asked, wanting to change the subject.

James proudly pointed to his son, "This little guy is Harry James Potter."

"And her?" Sirius asked, now holding the newborn baby girl.

Lily frowned in thought, "Ava Lily Potter."

Ava Lily Potter was quickly forgotten by her parents, mostly because of the stupid prophecy which had something to do with Harry James Potter and Lord Voldemort.

Lily and James Potter would dote on their son every second of every day, forgetting their daughter to the point that the house-elves cared for her.

Nobody in the wizarding world even knew that there were two Potter children.

Sirius and Remus Black were turning more and more hateful towards the two people whom they counted as their best friends—> Lily and James.

And it all had to do with them forgetting their other child.

Children in the wizarding world were believed to be gifts, but the Potters didn't care..nor did the light side.

The dark side, however, all knew this and it was the reason their children were so spoiled and actually cared for.

"Where's Ava?" asked Remus as he and his husband walked into Potter's Manor after apparating there.

Lily looked confused, "Who's Ava?"

"Ava, your daughter." said Sirius, anger now evident in his voice.

"Oh, she's somewhere in this manor." James waved it off, "Anyways, it's Harry's birthday."

Peter Pettigrew walked in at that moment, "I'm here! Sorry, I'm late."

"James," Remus said, his voice dangerously calm. "It's your daughter's birthday as well."

"Ava!" A bubbly now-one-year-old Harry Potter excitedly exclaimed. He and Ava had been playing together for weeks alone when their parents were at Order meetings, but Lily and James didn't know that.

"No, Harry." Lily said, "It's your birthday."

Remus and Sirius exchanged an outraged look, "We're taking her if you're both so careless about her." They said simultaneously.

"Of course not!" insisted James, "She'll be fine, now let's just celebrate."